Five

Year Five

"Hey!" I heard Leta running down the hill towards Newt and I.  I quickly let go of his hand and avoided eye contact with Leta.

"What's up guys? Sorry I was late I was with Reedley."

I scoffed and then covered it up with a cough.

"Yeah, um, it's fine, so what do you want?" Newt scratched the back of his head.

"I was just thinking we could go to Hogsmeade together, y'know." Leta popped a piece of gum in my face.  I flinched before wiping her spit off of my face. 

"Weren't you gonna go with Reedley?" I asked.  

"Noooo, guys remember the first time we went to Hogsmeade? We had the most fun together." 

"Yeah but that was before you started dating Reedley." Newt grumbled.

"So what, I can't have a boyfriend? I was supportive of you, Eve, why can't you support me? Friends do that."  Leta inferred back to when I told her about my past, but this was a whole lot different.

"But, Leta, that was before you made friends that would bully us, aren't friends supposed to defend each other?" Newt scowled at Leta.

"They weren't serious, you can't take a joke?" Leta was getting kind of mad.

"Leta, I'm sorry we don't like him, it's fine if you want to be friends with them, but we just going to tolerate them making fun of us anymore."  I tried to calm her down but her brows furrowed angrily at me.

"Fine then! If you're all such nerds then go to Hogsmeade on your own!" She stamped off back towards the castle.

I sighed sadly at her.  She was a good friend and I wanted to spend the rest of my years at Hogwarts with her.

Newt smiled down at me. "Come on, Hogsmeade is waiting for us."

I took his hand again and we continued on our way.

❦     ❦     ❦

❦    ❦    ❦

"Ok, see you tomorrow Newt." I waved at him.

We had just returned from Hogsmeade and my hands were filled with bags of treats we bought.

"Goodnight Eve!" He grinned at me and walked into the boy's room.

I skipped into my own.  Pickett climbed into my hair as I flopped onto my bed, ready for some sleep.  

"Today's a good day, Pickett." I said to him. He squeaked at me.

Then suddenly, he started pulling at my hair. 

"Ow, Pickett, wha--" Then I saw it.  A mole like creature at the foot off my bed, trying to peel one of the shiny design stickers off my shoes.  I kicked it out of fright, it yelped and landed on the ground.