Epilogue

"How did the meeting go?" Queenie asked me as we walked back to her apartment. We just got back from another trip to Jacob's bakery. She held a small paper bag full of jelly donuts as I carried 3 boxes of little demiguise-shaped pastries.

"It was great, actually!" I answered excitedly, "They agreed I would be the best head of the Body for Protection of Magical Species. I just need to wait several months for everything to be in order. They're still wary because of the whole Sasquatch Rebellion." Queenie nodded understandingly.

Queenie continued to talk about her budding relationship with Jaco excitedly. It'd been a month since he'd been obliviated. They started talking after Queenie "accidentally" stumbled across his bakery. His memories never fully disappeared, so they were able to continue their relationship without missing a beat.

As we turned the corner to Queenie's apartment, our eyes fell upon a man standing outside on the steps. He was wearing a hat, and the collar of his long coat was turned up, hiding his face. However, I caught a glimpse of his blue eyes and auburn beard.

"Um, Queenie, you go inside first, alright? I need to do something for a sec." I said distractedly. Queenie shot me a wary glance before walking quickly into the apartment building. She speed walked up the steps and into the building as I approached the man.

"Miss Garner." He said.

"Professor Dumbledore." I greeted him with a smile. "How long has it been since we've last seen each other?"

He let out a hearty laugh, "Far too long." 

"So, what're you here for, Professor?" I asked curiously.

"I need your help." The man said seriously. The smile on my face faded. "It's Credence."

I stood silently, analyzing the man before me. "Credence is dead, professor. For a month now."

I was shocked when the man shook his head. "No, Eve. He is not. He fled to Europe to hide from MACUSA." 

"W-what? Are you sure? I saw his death with my own eyes!" I quickly blinked away the images the gruesome memory. 

"He's with the Circus Arcanus. It's dangerous for him, Eve. There are things I can't say, but he is powerful. We need him."

I placed my hand on my forehead and let out a shaky breathe.

"Okay...wow, um...so, what do you need from me?" I asked reluctantly.

"You need to come back to England, Miss Garner." Professor Dumbledore said, his eyebrows raised.

"Wait, what? I can't, there's so much stuff I need to do here."

"You are one of the most talented wizards I know, Eve." He said to me kindly. "I need you to help keep Credence safe." 

My mouth hung open for a few moments, but I knew that I had to do this. Credence is alive, meaning there will be some people searching for him, eager to harness his immense power.

I ran a hand through my hair, "Alright." I said, determined.

"I'll do it."

❦   ❦   ❦    F  I  N  I  S    ❦   ❦   ❦

Note from the Author: This is it guys! Thank you all so much! Words can't describe how much all the reads, comments, and votes mean. Please share :) and feel free to comment (nicely, please) any more ideas on how to improve this story, any edits or typos I should fix. Thank you again for reading!!!

There will be a sequel based on The Crimes of Grindelwald (a.k.a the second Fantastic Beasts movie)