chapter seven

Lukas' POV

It was 2 weeks since the fight, Philip was out of school for that time to heal. The dust was finally settled down. I practically apologized to Philip every single day about what I caused upon him.

Today he was coming back to school and I was both relieved and genuinely terrified. I didn't know what to expect of everyone at school. They all have their own conspiracies of the fight and why it happened. I didn't want them to bring it up anymore. I didn't wanna hurt Philip anymore.

Lukas: boo, just know i'm gonna be with you every step of the way today.
7:02 A.M., Monday

Philip: you say that but from the almost year of our relationship and friendship it's been the opposite.
7:04 A.M., Monday
Philip: i'm sorry i'm just on edge, i don't mean to underestimate your word. are you picking me up still?
7:05 A.M.

Lukas: yes i am on my way right now. i'll see you in 10, love you.
7:10 A.M.

I sent him the text just as I was walking to my bike. The good thing to come out of everything was that my dad was getting the handle of me being with a boy. He told me he loves me no matter who I love. He even gets along with Philip now. Before he was so blind sided, thinking Philip was the issue when in actuality I was. I was a horrible person before Philip.

The ten minutes it took me to get to Philip's, I was thinking of our past and how much we've grown. In two weeks that is. It haunted me nearly everyday thinking of how much I hurt Philip. How much pain I caused on him. He would tell me constantly that it was okay, that he doesn't hold a grudge, that he loves me endlessly. I don't understand why.

As I pulled into his driveway, he was sitting on his front porch looking down at his phone, probably playing some candy matching game. When he noticed me he looked up and softly smiled. His face wasn't bruised and swollen anymore, thankfully. He looked beautiful.

"Hey." He said as he walked up to me. I smiled wider because wow he was so fucking perfect. I took his hand and pulled him into me to give him a kiss.

When we finally arrived at school I didn't hide the fact I drove him. I didn't drop him off a block away. I parked in front of the school with his arms wrapped around my waist on my bike. I let him get off first and took his helmet off for him and everything. I took his hand after locking my dirt bike to the podium. I walked with him to the front doors, everyone staring at us.

Rose saw us and smiled, she looked so happy to see us together and not punching each other. I was happy. I saw Bryan looking at us with a look of 'what the fuck am I witnessing right now?'

"Just a PSA, I'm terrified right now so if someone comes at us I'm running away, I don't give a fuck," Philip said, I laughed. "I'm not joking." He tried to say seriously but it just came out as a bundled up sentence while he laughed.

The moment was short lived as some asshole decided to come up to us and cause conflict.

"Waldenbeck, what ya doing with this faggot?" He scuffed as he looked down at our hands. "Ah, I see. You're a faggot now." He spoke with an evil tone in his voice.

"You have a problem, Adam?" I spoke, anger boiling in my stomach.

"Nah. You know what? I'll see ya later." He winked at Philip. I nearly threw up.

-

Philip's POV

I went through the day as normal. Which meant being called faggot, getting things thrown at me, etc. Except today was a bit different as the classes I did have with Lukas he actually sat next to me and defended me. It was nice... until gym. The one class I unfortunately don't have with Lukas.

It was normal, everyone just seemed to mind their business until I walked in. You see, 'normal' to me is being called faggot every second of the day but nonetheless, it wasn't usually that bad.

Today, I was cornered. I went into the bathroom stall to get changed for gym but as I walked in two boys followed me into the large stall. Bryan and Adam. (haha FUCKING BRYAN ADAMS I DIDN'T eVEN MEAN THAT). They locked the stall behind them.

"Hey, faggot." Bryan spoke. He had a hint of hesitation in his voice, like he didn't want to do this.

"What do you guys want?" I sighed, holding onto the straps of my backpack instinctively to relieve some fear.

"How about we talk about how you decided to turn Lukas into a dick sucker?" Adam snickered like it was funny.

"Why don't you just fuck off and leave me alone, just because you don't have no fucking life doesn't mean you need to come around and ruin everyone else's." I nearly yelled, the anger I had building up for months trying to escape.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He pushed me against the wall. I pushed him back, taking a swing to his stupid smug face.

Bryan was quick to jump in, he went behind me and held me back. Adam recovered from the punch and laughed before he punched me in the stomach. I lent forward, pain rushing through my body. He got closer, grabbing my head whispering in my ear.

"What Lukas did to you will feel like a bee sting compared to what I'm gonna cause right now." He said menacingly. I couldn't help but snicker.

"Do your best."

It felt like hours before I blacked out.

--

When I woke up, I was once again in a hospital. Except this time my mom wasn't sitting next to me, it was a crying Lukas. He had my hand in his, saying something over and over again. It sounded like "I promised him".

"Babe." I tried to speak but my voice came out as a mere whisper. He looked up hastily.

"Oh, thank God. You're awake." He smiled, tears still running down his face. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there, boo. I'm so sorry." He sobbed.

"It's okay, Lukas. I'm okay," I reassured him with a smile. I then added, "He hits like a girl anyway."

Lukas chuckled at that but there was a hint of sadness in the laugh. He held my hand, rubbing the back of it soothingly.

"Helen put him in custody, along with Bryan. It's up to you whether or not you want to press charges, though." He explained. I knew he wanted me to but I didn't really see the point. I just don't care.

"I don't care what happens to them." I stated blankly. He nodded, giving me a reassuring smile.

We didn't talk much the rest of the night, it was usually just staring at each other like the other raised the sun and saying 'I love you". We eventually fell asleep in each other's arms. Lukas had a strong, protecting hold on me. Like if he let me go I'd be gone forever.