Backstory

♡Chapter 2♡

--------------------------------

Miranda's POV

"And....?" Mackenzie asked.

I exhaled deeply and took a seat in an upside down bucket.

"And... I used to be best friends with him." I avoided eye contact and just stared at the tile ground.

"So why are you afraid to see him?"

"Because I said we 'used' to be friends.." This time I looked straight into her eyes and I saw how confused she was.

"Ok, Robbie and I legit loved eachother, as friends. We would hang out EVERY single day. Once we hit 6th grade I had to get glasses and braces. I looked TERRIBLE and Robbie was cuter than ever. I started developing a minor crush in him, but kept it to myself. In 7th grade he became REALLY popular. Even had his own little 'gang'. Well, we started to drift apart... I kind of just ignored him, we rarely ever talked until the middle of 7th grade. He began to bully me."

I paused for a second and dropped my head so Mackenzie wouldnt have to see the tears that were forming.

"I tried ignoring it, but he wouldn't go away. He'd always say rediculously cruel names that made me want to cry. It wasn't until 8th grade wephen he actually started to abuse me. Physically and Mentally. I attempted suicide, but my friend Alyssa caught me and stopped me. She told me hes just a jerk and to ignore him, but I couldn't get his voice out of my head! At the end of sp8th grade he moved away and I was SO happy. I swore to myself I would NEVER let him hurt me again. I began to work out, constantly everyday. I lost the glasses and got contacts. I asked my dentist if it was ok if I switched to a retainer. Nobody would ever have a reason to pick on my anymore. I slowly morphed into a completely different person and became the most popular girl in school."

I shrugged my shoulders and whipped away a fallen tear. I looked up at Mackenzie and the look of guilt was painted over her face.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, its not your fault." I reassured her.

"So are you positive he would recognize you?" She asked, eyeing my body.

"Not sure.. I changed a lot..."

"Then why don't you want to see him?"

"Because what if he DOES recognize me? What would I do? Plus, he's the boy that almost got my to kill myself."

She sighed and looked down at her feet.

"Look, my boyfriends at that table with him. I dont want to go alone... And I know you hate him, but will you PLEASE come." She begged.

"What if he-"

"I doubt he'll recognize you Miranda." She took my hand and slowly pulled my to the door.

"Fine." She jumped up and down and squealed.

She slowly turned the doorknob and began to pull me with her, towards the table. Once we got there I looked at all the guys faces and stood quietly next to Mackenzie.

"Who's she?" One of them asked, cocking his head in my direction.

Robbie looked at me, eyeing me weirdly. I swallowed so loudly I think China could hear.

"Guys this is-"

"Miranda?" Robbie inturupted.

My eyes widened and he stood up to look me in the eye. I glanced over at Mackenzie and she gave me and apologetic look.

"Hi." I managed to choke out.

"Oh my god!" He stood back and looked at me.

"What?" I questioned annoyed.

"Wait, Robbie you know her?" One of the guys asked behind him. He completely ignored his question and began to speak.

"Your-Your-" He began

"Hot" The same guy filled in.

"Sexy..." Another one said.

I looked over at Mackenzie and she gave me an apologectic face.

"Look at you!" He gestured towards my body and I glared at him.

"Yeah. Look. At. Me." I wanted to punch him so bad it was unbearable. Make up for all the pain he caused me.

"Would you stop staring at me?!" He eyed me for a second then walked to one of the seats.

"Right... Here sit down." He gestured towards 2 empty seats next to him and Mackenzie and I did as we were told.

It was completely silent until Mackenzie spoke up.

"So...." She said awkwardly.

"What's going on with you to?" One of the guys asked, pointed his fingers at Robbie and I.

"Nothing." I quickly mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Robbie. He just stared at me. Looking at me like I was some kind of freak.

"Wait... Did you used to date?" Another asked. He had black hair and was really tan.

"No!" I spat, trying to control my anger.

"Just friends." Robbie added.

I laughed when he said 'friends'. He looked at me weird then realized why I was so mad at him.

"Miranda I'm-"

"Dont." I cut him off, almost immediately.

"No but-" He started again.

"I said, Dont." I said firmly.

"Woah wait, what'd he do to you?" A blonde haired one asked me curiously.

I remained silent and just looked over at Mackenzie. She was sitting next to, I think, her boyfriend. He had brown hair and was pretty cute.

"What? He didnt lead you to the verge of killing yourself did he?" He laughed and I just froze. Mackenzie snapped her head over towards me and I stared at the table. Robbie didnt know I tried killing myself. Hell, he didnt know I was so offended by his words or fists.

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I quickly stood up.

"I gotta go." I said before turning and running off. I felt a tear stream down my check and I heard Mackenzie after me.

"Miranda!" She yelled, pretty sure making everyone face us as we ran through the cafeteria. I swung open the doors and ran into the girls bathroom. I ran into one of the stalls and sat in the toilet, balling my eyes out.

"Miranda?" Mackenzie's voice rang in my ears as I cried.

"Look I'm sorry. I didnt know he would remember you!" She came over to my stall and sat on the floor.

"Louise can be an idiot sometimes..." I'm pretty sure she was referring to the blonde guy.

"It's fine." I mumbled against my hands

"Come out." She knocked on the stall door and I slowly opened it. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back.

She broke away and pulled me up.

"Let's go eat, and this time with Ella and Liz."

I nodded and walked over to the mirror, eyeing my smeared makeup. My mascara was running, but I managed to fix it.

She pulled me out the bathroom and led me to the cafeteria. As soon as we entered we headed straight towards Ella and Liz, ignoring everybodies stares. Especially the guys.

Once I sat down I looked at the 3 girls around me. I smiled slightly.

"I'm Miranda."

||Thanks for reading <3
-RobbieRehab