Chapter 10: Telling Will

Bella's P.O.V

The swim back was normal, except for the fact that I was nearly exploding in excitement. I mean, I have been a mermaid since I was eleven, and after seven years of shielding away from water, I can now be free around it without the fear of being found out. I can finally take a long waited bubble bath, swim in a pool with my family without taking up all the space with my tail, go to the beach and play water volleyball!

All I'm saying, is that after seven years I finally have my life in check. And I honestly can't wait to go to Will's house boat and tell him the great news.

Though I'm faster then I used to be, I'm still getting accustomed to the fact that I can breath underwater, my vision is sharper, and that I can very well be seen much easier due to the new purple scales and hair I'm wearing.

I get to Will's home and easily pull myself on his dock, and after thinking about how I looked today, I'm getting up, completely dry, and I'm knocking on his door.

Rocking on the balls of my feet, I smile when Will's smiling face meets my own. "Hey Will, miss me?" I ask, and when he opens his arms for a hug, I easily walk into it, enjoying the warmth his body is radiating.

"Of course." He chuckles, squeezing me for a second before letting me go. "Come in, I wanna hear all about those animals that showed up in Cleo's backyard." Laughing, I walk in behind him, closing the door and sit beside him on his couch.

"Well, for one they are all dragons. They shape shift into any animal that has a connection with their element. It's pretty cool, since the only other mermaid to have a dragon spirit animal was Eva." I tell him, and Will nods, grinning.

"That is pretty cool. But what did they want? I mean, the one Rikki was talking to was, I guess, in its original form, and exposed its self to Cleo's family." Will asks, shifting slightly to face me more. My eyes soften, a sad glint showing in them, with my shoulders slouching.

"Oh, Will, it's horrible. Their eggs were taken. If they do not get their babies back, then they will all die." I sadly tell him, leaning back into the couch. Will does the same, resting his arm behind me on the top of the couch. I lean my head on his shoulder, enjoying the comfort his hold provides.

"Don't worry. With you girls helping, I'm sure you will be able to get their eggs back." Will encourages, placing a small kiss on the top of my head. "Now, how did you get dry so fast? I heard you get on the dock and was going to come out and help you, but your were knocking on my door before I could." Will questions, and I grin, seeing the large towel placed beside the door. Sitting up, I face Will again.

"Get into a pair of trunks and I'll show you." I grin, and Will nods, walking into a separate area to presumably change. After about a minute, he comes out in the trunks and a t-shirt with goggles in his hand, and I get up and grab his free hand, walking out the door and take the abandoned towels with me.

Once at the edge of the dock, I place down the towels and tell Will to stay where he is, before hiding more behind his house and lay down on my stomach. Thinking of my tail, I feel myself becoming water for a few seconds and then becoming solid, with my purple streaks and orange-purple scales. Will stands with his jaw dropped in surprise, though quicky shakes his head in awe. "I wasn't expecting that." He simply mutters, and I giggle, changing back into my human self and get myself up, standing beside Will.

"Splash me." I tell him, and with a nod, Will reaches down with a cupped hand, and with a worried glance back at his parents house, splashes my ankles. I give him a calm look, smiling at him while grabbing his wet hand, entertwineing our fingers. When I don't flop on the ground, he relaxes, squeezing my hand with a small smile on his face.

"That's incredible. Nothing can hold you back. Not the ocean, not a pool, not a storm. Heck, not even a comet. You and the girls are unstoppable." Will tells me, and I smile at him.

"After seven years of avoiding water like it was the plague, it's awesome to say that now I can pretty much embrace it. You know, apparently were getting new powers too." I tell him, fiddling with his fingers

"Can't wait to find them out. Now, how about a little swim?" Will suggests, somehow placing his goggles around his head with one hand, though by the look in his eyes, he already knew the answer.

"Of course, a little swim can't hurt anyone." I grin, keeping my hold with him as we both jump into the ocean.

A/N

Hey guys! I haven't updated in a while so I thought 'why not make a Bella and Will chapter?'  I've been wanting to make one since I suggested it and got a reply to do it, but I didn't really know how I wanted it to be. Luckily for you guys I had a supply teacher for my last class today and through the boredness of having an old teacher against phones and annoying teenagers causing a ruckus in the back of the class, I got an idea for the chapter and started typing on my phone.

I hope any of you who had a Spring Break had a good one, and that school for you isn't too tiring, and that I get another idea for this story soon! Just for fun, I want to ask, what was something you did over the break?

Later, Chrissy