Chapter 11: Zane's Discovery: Part 1

Zane's P.O.V

I haven't been able to get a goods nights sleep for the past two days. My mind has been swimming with the knowledge that I destroyed the moon pool, just for a few extra dollars that I don't even need. Not only did I demolish a place that holds so many memories, but I know that I've lost all trust with Rikki, as well as all the hope I had to fixing my mistake.

Why did I have to get close to Sophie? Yeah, she was hot, but she doesn't compare to Rikki. Sophie may have firey red hair, but Rikki had her firey personality that no one else could have. I mean, anyone could dye their hair that red, I'm sure hers is just as fake as the promise of smooth, healthy hair afterwards. Nobody could recreate Rikkis spirit.

And just as I was trying to win my girl back, I just had to blow up the moon pool. Just for the magic crystals that were never before seen or studied. What will those scientist find? Just a whole bunch of rock, or something more.

The real question is, is why I'm taking my little speed boat to the very island in practically the dead of night, in which I helped take it's originality from. I don't even know the answer to that. What I do know, is that there is a possibility of seeing Bella, or Cleo. Maybe Will or Lewis. I could see Rikki there. But knowing this doesn't have me turn around with my tail in between my legs and go back home. If anything it drives me forward.

I eventually end up on the shore, and from memory make my way to the land entrance. I'm scared of what I know will be there. A hole in the wall; rocks thrown everywhere; no magical energy. I'm a let down. I promised I would keep the island and the moon pool safe, and I lead it to its demise. I'm a horrible person, and I fully see why Rikki doesn't want me anymore.

I hear the outdoor waterfall before I see it with my flashlight. I carefully walk on the rocks, finding the entrance and slide down it. I turn off my flashlight, though I'm surprised that I can see light reflecting off the water. The moon isn't out tonight.

Rikki's P.O.V

I'm surprised that when I got home, dad was sleeping. He was the type to stay up as late as possible and wake up even later. I pulled a blanket over him, which was on the back of the couch, before walking a few steps into my small room.

Today has been slightly hectic. I fell too many times to count while trying to rollarskate, re-connected with one of my best friends, saved the moon pool with our necklaces, got gills, found out we had spirit animals, and learnt that said spirit animal race was going to die out of if we didn't find their eggs.

What else could happen, right?

"Rikki, there is a boy approaching the island on a red speed boat. Do you know who he is?" Chaud asks, and I feel my blood boil. Oh, I defiantly know who he is.

"Chaud, stay out of sight and I'll be there soon. That boy and I are going to have a little chat." I tell her, leaving the comfort of my room and once again leaving my home. Zane will regret going to Mako tonight.

I jump in the water having my tail appear halfway in, and swim towards Mako at an incredible speed. How dare he go back? What does he want, more crystals? Well, he will have to go through me first.

"He is making his way to the land entrance. I can stop him if you want. The Spirit would love to get his hands on him." Chaud tells me, and I smirk.

"I'm already here. Just let me get out of the water so he doesn't see how my tail looks, then the Spirit, whatever that is, could have it's fun." I explain, swimming into the pool and pull myself out, having my legs re-appear and I go lean against a wall.