Chapter 11: Zane's Discovery: Part 3

Rikki's P.O.V

Zane is the definition of infuriating. First, he comes into the moon pool, not even a week after he helped blow it up. Second, he made me admit my feelings (kinda) to him. Third, because I can't walk, he's making me stay at his too large of a house with a hateful father. Lastly, he won't stop talking.

"So, wanna tell me about your new powers now?" This is the seventh time he asked me and I'm very close to boiling his blood. After he unceremoniously carried me into his house, in the process probbing my thigh painfully, he brought me to his room. Even if we dated for a while, it doesn't mean that I've been in his room before.

It was practically all white, similar to the colour of his house, and it honestly looks more like a guest bedroom mainly for the fact he barley has anything out that makes the room his. I keep myself from starring at a picture he has of the both of us, and instead try to shift away from it.

Before long, he was asking question after question and, as I said, I'm getting closer and closer to boiling him alive. Again.

"Zane, could you please shut up! I'm tired and cranky and I'm considering boiling you like a live crab! Just let me sleep so you can get out of my hair!" I pratically growl, and he just stays sitting in the arm chair.

"I am so sorry that I allowed you to rest in my house in return for some answers." He mocks hurt, going so far as to place a hand on his heart. I sneer, and childishly look away while crossing my arms.

Looking out his large ceiling to floor window, I spot a small lizard quietly sitting on the ledge. Living in Australia, it's normal to have the unwanted pesks, but noticing it's fire red scales and similarities to my own spirit dragon, and call out to her through the link. "Chaud, by any chance are you the lizard at the window?"

It tilts its head to the side, analyzing me for a brief moment. "Yes, good observation. Though I can almost feel the tension from out here. What happened between the two of you?" She asks, bathing in the moon light. I sigh, which earns a strange look from Zane, but I ignore it.

"He's my ex. Times two. He exposed us once to a mad scientist, though helped us escape in the end. Then he messed up by hooking up with Bella's boyfriends sister, Sophie, and had a helping hand in blowing up the moon pool." I bitterly tell her, seeing her small form quietly hiss outside.

"No wonder Aqua wanted to pretty much drown him. Maybe I should of let him. He's lucky there is a window separating us, or I swear I'd become four times larger then my original form and eat him as a midnight snack." She hisses in my head, and makes a pawing motion on the window. No doubt leaving a small scratch.

"Easy there girl. No need to be so cruel. I've already done it." I consol her, giving her a small, almost invisible smile.

"Hello, earth to Rikki? You know your creepily staring out my window, right?" Zane snaps his fingers in front of my face, and I am tempted to bite them off, though Chaud seems to want to do the pleasure herself. I glare at him, and notice he is sitting on the edge of the bed. Wasn't he just on the chair?

"What do you want?" I almost cry out. I just want this horrible sleep over to be done so I can heal in the morning and leave this place.

"Answers. Why didn't your tail come out? How did you breath underwater? When did you get a new power? Who is that man eating lizard you had on Mako? What happened back at the pool that made the volcano act up? Where did you even get a man eating lizard from?" He pleads in a single breath. He scooted closer to me, and I do the motion for him to move back. He complies, though barley.

"Do you even deserve answers? And what's your fascination with Chaud?" I question back, avoiding to look into his deep brown eyes.

"I don't deserve them Rikki, but please, I want to know. I'd rather get answers from the source then to start asking around. We both know how that ended last time." He griminces in remembrance, And I feel my brows knit. Of course I remember.

"I can control my transformations. I breathed underwater because I can now. I got the new power when I learnt to breath water and transform without it. My 'man eating lizard' is a newly acquired friend. I dont know why the volcano acted up. And my 'man eating lizard' came to me." I answer, and Zane huffs in annoyance.

"You know you're being cryptic."

"Well those are the only answers your getting out of me. Now let me sleep." I hiss, and without a word, turn carefully in the bed and lay on my side, facing away from Zane. He breaths another breath of annoyance, before I feel the bed shift and his footsteps leaving the room.

***

"Chaud, why isn't it working?" I question, my hand over my thigh probbing my wound. I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Being in a traitors house, an unfamiliar bed, and in pain, proved a much more difficult task then I hoped for. Now, at 11 in the morning, I'm tiredly sitting up on the bed with Chaud's original dragon form beside me, curiously watching my attempts at healing myself.

"I don't know. I guess you need more strength. It is only your second time doing this. And within a matter of hours. Your body and magic is still recovering from last night." She states, confusion lacing with her voice. "You must remember Rikki, before you and your friends, there was only ever one other evolved mermaid. Everything is still new."

"I just wished I did it right the first time. Then I wouldn't have gone nauseous and fell into the pool. Why did the volcano do that last night anyways?" I ask, moving my hand from my thigh and placing it on the top of her neck.

"You four all have the ability to control earth. You had the magma underneath the cave become active enough to made the cave slightly unstable. Cleo, she'll be able to move the ocean, for example, make a tsunami. Emma can make hurricanes if she wanted to. And Bella can make earthquakes. All of you combined could make one neck of a storm. But the powers are still unstable. Can be controlled by powerful, angry emotions. Us as your guides need to teach you to control these dangerous abilities. But in due time. As long as none of you become too heated." Chaud tells me, as if it was no big deal that we could be the end of the world.

"Well, wasn't expecting that." I mutter, leaning my head into the head rest.

Defiantly wasn't expecting that.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait but look! I updated! This is sadly going to be the end of Zane's Discoveries because I need Zane's and Rikki's relationship to develop during the story.

If you were in Rikki's shoes, would you take Zane back immediately after everything he's done? I know I'd make him work for my affection.

Anyways, this chapter is once again being dedicated to horsesarelife17 for motivating me to update this chapter as well as giving me some ideas. Sorry for not including one but Rikki isn't one to forgive and forget.

Hope you guys liked this chapter and don't forget to comment, vote, and maybe share!

Chrissy (the wanna be mermaid lol)