Chapter 14

Thank you guys for your love and support. Your positive feedback for the story is overwhelming. All your comments and votes are an added bonus. I always get a smile on my face when I see the notifications. It really means a lot! 😊

And here's the early update as many of you asked! Enjoy ;)

_______________________________

I left early from office and this time informed my assistant Anita incase anyone asked about me. I didn't want to face Siddharth and wanted to prolong it as long as I could. Also I had to start preparing for the dinner.

I was dreading this dinner with our parents. We will have to act like a happy couple which we weren't, we aren't even friends for god's sake! I hated lying to my parents but we have no other option. But what if they found about us? What will we do then? I'll not be able to face them. They'll be so disappointed in us. What if they never talk to me again!?

My mind was swarming with different scenarios and I was getting scared with each passing second. I can't screw it up. I can't. There's too much at stake.

I reached home after making a quick detour to supermarket to buy all the stuff I needed for tonight's dinner. I made myself a cup of coffee and saw that it was 6 pm now. I still have 3 hours to get everything ready. After drinking coffee, I changed into my pyjamas and set to work.

I liked cooking and I enjoyed every bit of it. It helped me to relax and that's why I preferred to do it myself although at home I didn't cook much as mom hardly made us do any work. I made tomato soup for staters. Kadai Paneer, Dal Makhani, Matar Pulao, Naan and Vegetable salad for mains and for dessert I cooked Gajar ka Halwa which I knew was Siddharth's favourite.

I then set everything on the dining table along with the cutlery. Feeling satisfied with the way everything looked, I went for a shower in my room as I smelled highly of spices. There was still an hour left for our parents to arrive and I was happy that Siddharth was still not home as I wasn't ready to face him yet.

After my shower I stood in front of my closet in my bathrobe contemplating what to wear. Wanting to dress up a bit differently, I picked out a red plain chiffon saree to wear. My waist length hair was left open for them to dry.

I was in the process of draping my saree when suddenly the door opened and Siddharth walked in wearing a black button up shirt and pants. The top buttons of his shirt were undone showing you a glimpse of his well toned chest. His hair was still wet from his shower and he looked handsome as usual. He was about to say something when he stopped and looked at me with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open.

What's wrong with him?

His gaze was moving all over my body and I was looking at him in confusion when I noticed my state of undress. I was standing in front of him in only my blouse with thin straps and petticoat. My saree was pooled at my feet which I had hurriedly dropped when he entered. With my wide eyes I saw him still ogling at me and I quickly turned around in embarrassment and only turned my head to look at him. I then hissed at him "Don't you have manners?"

That made him come out of his stupor and I still continued in a tight voice "You're supposed to knock before entering someone's room. Especially a girl's room to avoid instances like these!" My cheeks were pink because of his intense stare and I was unable to meet his eyes.