Insanity Days 1b

OJ's POV

I looked around Leafy's corpse trying to look for clues. I tried to avoid looking at her.

Whoever did this should pay. I honestly wouldn't care if their punishment is death.

I looked around the stairs to see if I could find any weapon. I couldn't see anything however considering that she died from a blow to the head, I have a feeling that the railings on the stair might be what caused it.

I slightly moved her head to see the railings. Sure enough, they were slightly dented. Well, we got the murder weapon down.

CLUE FOUND: DENTED RAILINGS

I decided to talk to everyone else so I can do a process of elimination. The problem was that everyone most likely would've been in their rooms and there was no way to prove if they were lying or not.

"Hey OJ!" Salt called out. I stood up and quickly went over to her.

"Look at this" she said pointing in front of a door.

I saw a knife hidden there. It was well hidden since it was hidden under a mat but you could vaguely see it sticking out.

"A knife?" I said confused. What was that doing there? 

"Maybe the culprit had it" Salt said.

"That's sounds reasonable" I said.

CLUE FOUND: KNIFE

"We still need more evidence to find out the killer but there isn't anything else here" I said. This was hard. I mean, I'm confident that I could do the trial well but without evidence or anything, we really can't do anything.

"Let's go ask people then" Salt said.

"I guess we should" I said. I wasn't really sure that would help.

We encountered TB and GB talking with GB holding a notepad. She was writing some stuff down from what it looks like.

"Hey GB" I said. She didn't seem to notice but TB did.

"Hey OJ" he said back.

"So did you find anything new?" I asked. I know them well enough to trust them. I don't think one of them would be the killer considering that those two would never betray each other.

"We found out from a few people that they did hear a few footsteps outside. They were all people who's rooms were close to the stairs." TB said.

"Which means that the murder most likely happened on the stairs." GB added.

"Maybe we should ask those close to the stairs what they did?" I said.

"Good idea! Go do that!" GB ordered.

______________________________________________________________________

Firey's POV

I still can't believe this happened.

I'm in my room alone.

I don't know if I can even do anything now.

I couldn't even protect her.

I broke her promise.

Why her?

I then remembered something.

I saw something written behind Leafy.

It might be essential to solving the case.

I saw Paper and I told him to check.

He was nervous of course but I told him it would be important to finding who killed Leafy.

He reluctantly agreed and left.

Once he left, I sighed.

I hope I wasn't seeing things.

AN

Do you have a clue on who the killer might be?