Normal Days 5a

Chapter 5: Reality and Dream

OJ's POV

I decided who I was going to talk to now.

I'll talk to Salt and Paper first. There's a good chance that they might be somewhere together. Even if they treat each other as enemies, they do get along well.

As I expected, I found them in the music room. However, I expected Paper to play the piano and Salt to listen but instead, I found the two just chatting.

Looks like they got along better than I thought.

"Hey guys" I said.

Both of them turned around. Salt waved.

"Oh! H-hey OJ" Paper greeted back.

"Guys, I have something important to talk to you guys about." I said nervously.

". . . . I see" Salt said suddenly turning serious. "So you're choosing huh?"

"You noticed?" I said surprised.

"You brought both of us here and apparently this was something important so I had a feeling that this was going to be about who you love." she replied. "So who is it?"

"That's what I'm here to about." I said. "You see. . . ."

"I can't choose"

. . .

Did I really just say that?

"Oh" Paper said sadly.

"I don't mean that I don't like any of you! It's that I care about all of you the same and I just don't know what I can do. I don't want to hurt any of you by not choosing you. I want to keep everyone happy but. . . . but . . it's too hard! No matter what I do, anyone I get along with either dies or is a murderer! All I want is to be with all of you as friends!" I lamented.

I remembered everyone that died. I knew why it happened and I just didn't want anyone else to fall to the same fate.

". . ."

All was silent.

I waited for the outburst and insults and closed my eyes and waited.

. . .

"I understand" Salt said.

"M-me too!" Paper exclaimed.

" Y-you do?" I said weakly.

"OJ, we've been friends since we were kids. Of course I understand! I'm sorry that I didn't notice this before. I feel ashamed to forget about what you thought." Salt said sadly.

"H-hey! We're all buddies so that's good! But what about Flower?" Paper asked.

"Oh her? We. . . talked it out."

Flashback

"F-flower?"

"Oh, hey OJ. What's up?"

"I need to talk to you."

"OK. What is it?"

"I need to tell you this so please don't get mad"

"Why would I get mad?"

"Just listen. We've gotten along really well when he were together but with everything that happened I don't know if I can let this continue."

"Just tell me"

"OK, I don't really share the same feelings you do for me!"

". . . What?"

"I'm sorry! I know you love me but I can't see us this way!"

"OK."

"Huh?"

"If that's what you think, I guess I can't really force you to love me. That would be wrong."

"Thanks for understanding"

". . N-no problem."

Flashback End

"So that's what happened." I said finally.

"Well, I'm glad it went peacefully." Salt said.

"Yeah" Paper said sighing in relief.

"So wanna go to the cafeteria and get the others? I have a game I'll like everyone to play." Salt added.

"That sounds nice but there's something I needed to ask you guys." I said.

"What is it?" Paper asked.

"TB and GB are having a meeting about the school. I wanted to know if you'll like to join me."

"Of course we'll go!" Salt exclaimed.

"Um y-yeah!" Paper agreed nervously.

"Great! I'll go tell TB and GB to come to the cafeteria. I'll also tell them that you're both coming. See ya!" I said as I left.

Things are going better than I thought.

Better enjoy it before it ends.