Secret admirer {namjoon}

You sat back down at your desk and reached out to check the book ledge below your desk. As usual, you felt a small folded piece of paper graze the tip of your finger.

It had became a habit for you to check the under of your table since the 14th of February, the day you received your first note, which was about three months ago. It came as a surprise for you, since it was the very first time receiving something on Valentine's day, let alone a poem written especially for you.

You remembered exactly how you felt when you unfolded the small piece of paper, and how your face gradually heated up as you read the poem written in beautiful cursive handwriting. You looked up, hoping to catch the author of the note but no one seemed to be acting out of the ordinary.

"Woah (y/n), you got a note?" You looked up and saw your bestfriend, Kim Namjoon looking at you with his usual dimpled smile.

You smiled shyly, and quickly refolded the note and slipped it into your wallet, "yup, first time. And you?"

"Hm as usual," he smiled and gestured to his desks already filled with gifts, flowers, cards-

"Popular as always huh," you laughed, you weren't surprised. Your bestfriend's a top student and doesn't lack in the appeal department with his height and his charming dimpled smile. But, the best part is his understanding and playful nature. You'd admit he was the full package.

"Why? Jealous?" He nudged you playfully.

"Nah, hahaha. I was just thinking how fortunate your future girlfriend would be to have you as her boyfriend," you smiled.

He simply laughed at your comment.

You thought the note was a one-time thing but you were wrong. The notes continued everyday after that. Everyday you would receive a short poem or a few words of encouragement. It made you feel better on several occasions when you were struggling with school or feeling emotionally down.

You were curious about how the notes seemed to always cater to how you were feeling. It seemed like the sender of these notes knew how you were feeling during that particular time. But what you were feeling more curious about was no doubt, the sender of these notes.

Your curiosity grew more and more until you decided to write a reply to his note asking if he wanted to meet and then leaving it under your table, hoping he'll see it.

Today you smiled as you felt the familiar texture of the slip of paper against your fingers again. You slowly pulled it out and unfolded it to read it's contents.

Good morning:)
Okay let's meet at the bench just by the garden during lunch.

"Hey Namjoon, i'll be meeting someone. So i won't be able to have lunch with you. So sorry!"

"It's fine," he gave you a knowing smile, "going to meet your secret admirer?" he teased.

You stared at him with the straightest face you could muster. But he was right.

"I'll be reading this in class," he said, lifting a novel and you remembered it being the one you recommended to him.

"Oh you're finally reading it. It's good."

"Yeah of course i remembered haha. You kept talking about it that one time and even told me it was your favourite. So i had to see just how good it is," he grinned at you.

"You won't regret it. I promise. Well then, see you later!"

You rushed down to the bench just by the garden. But instead of find a person there, you found yet another note on the bench.

Sit on the bench and take a photo of the biggest tree in the garden with your phone. Then you can zoom you at the area beside the tree, i'll be there;)

You did as he said and zoomed in on the picture. "Rooftop..." you muttered to yourself. You ran to the rooftop and found yet another note at the door handle. "What the...is this guy toying with me?"

Last one:)
You can find me at where your favourite book is at.

Favourite book...wait how does he even know my favourite book...

"Library..." you thought to yourself over and over again as you quickly made your way there. Entering the library, you went over to the shelf with the first letter of the author's last name.

Lightly grazing your fingers past the book tags on the book binds, you stopped at where the book was supposed to be at. But soon realised there was a skip in the alphabet.

"Huh?" You were confused. Did someone take or borrow the book to read?

Your eyes widened at the sudden realization and immediately ran back to class. "Kim Namjoon, you're so dead making me run around the school like that."

You opened the classroom door panting and met with unexpected silence. All the students seemed to be out for lunch. You looked over at Namjoon's table and saw the book on the table. You slowly walked over and picked it up, a note falling out from one of the pages in the process but you managed to catch it in time. It read:

Turn around:)

"What the cra-" you jerked in shock when you turned around to see your bestfriend standing directly behind you.

"You found me," Namjoon said with an unreadable expression. It was an expression you've never seen before despite being his bestfriend for 2 years now.

"Dude," you smacked his arm, "do you think this is funny. Making me chase this imaginary secret admirer around school and letting me find out it was my bestfriend's plan to play hide-and-seek with me this whole time."

"I'm serious about this (y/n)..." he looked at you with serious eyes. "I've got something important to say."

You nodded for him to go on.

"I've liked you for about a year now. And i've only recently managed to muster up the courage to let you know how i feel through writing..." he trailed off.

"The running around the school part was unnecessary though," you said laughing slightly.

"I disagree, it was totally necessary... haha it's payback for making my heart chase you for the past few months," he smiled his usual mischievous smile.

You were still trying to register what was happening so you didn't respond.

"So according to what you said this morning..." he trailed off, "i think instead of how fortunate my girlfriend would be to have me as her boyfriend, i think it would be the other way round." He inhaled deeply before continuing.

❝Will you give me the fortune to become your boyfriend?❞