Chapter 5

"So here we have the art room, paint so much paint."

Liam talks and talks and talks about everything and anything the palace doors hide.

"And of course the masterpiece of the whole castle, if not the whole of England, our very own, and very large library. Isn't it gorgeous, doll?"

"It is, Li." Niall says, holding the older lads hand. "What do you think, monsieur?"

"Uh... Ni, where's Louis?"

______

I walk slowly up the staircase, dust and cobwebs surround me and I have to basically hold my breath in order not to cough and possibly attract unwanted attention. The staircase ends in a long hallway, darker than all the other mysterious halls in this vacant palace. The little light the moon reflects and shines through the tall and dirty windows light up the hall enough to see where my feet are leading me.

On the walls are portraits of what seems to be aristocrats, possibly the ruling family that ones lived in the place. The paintings are ripped, especially on the faces, as if a big claw went through them. What happened to them? The people and the paintings alike.

I've been walking for a while, turned corner and took many steps, when I finally see a light coming from the room at the end of the hall. My step involuntarily quickens and I creak the door open.

The room is a proper mess. Furniture thrown around and dust coating everything, more paintings shattered around. They all seem to be of the same person, a boy.

Why does he look familiar?

His hair is long, curls at the ends and looks like such a simple yet beautiful colour of brown. His jawline sticks out, making his handsom face look stern and there's an evil glint in his eyes.

His eyes?

Green.

"What are you doing here?"

I turn around, face to face with the beast. How did I not hear him come in?

"I asked you, what are you doing here? Answer."

He talks softer, if that's even possible.

"I- uh... I was just... Just looking around and-"

"Didn't I tell you to stay in your fucking room?! You shouldn't be wandering, let alone be here, in the west-wing!"

"How could I know that?"

"YOU JUST SHOULD!"

"But I-"

"OUT!"

He screams making me flinch, I hate screaming, it scares me. It really does scare the shit out of me. He is all in my face, I can see the spit glinstering on his knife-like teeth and can feel his harsh breath on my face. His eyes are the most frightening, the green looking like it could murder. Wait...

Green?

"OUT!"

I scramble, rushing out of the room, through the millions of halls. When I meat Niall and Liam at the ground floor.

"Monsieur?"

"Doll?"

"Where are you going, monsieur?"

I hear Niall call from behind me but I can't stop running, I pull onto the large front door, it, to my luck, opening to let in the cold winter air.

"Sir!"

I let the door fall closed behind me with a big slamming sound. 

____________

Hello everybody!

Questions:

- Liking it?

- Who loves the Niam action? (I know I do)

- Did Louis figure out the beast is actually a fucking handsome dreamy prince?

X Emma