March - Get Lucky (Closed)

This month the Irish are celebrating luck and leprechauns...but here at Wattpad After Dark, we like to celebrate a completely different meaning of  the phrase"getting lucky".

Introducing Wattpad After Dark's very own contest

Contest

Contest

This contest is all about Luck.

The challenge? Write a short, steamy story (three thousand words or less) based on a lucky event with a twist. Because this is an After Dark Contest, mature entries are welcome!** Not sure what to write? Check out our prompt section for ideas!

Deadline

Stories must be submitted before March 27th. After that, submissions will close and judging will begin.

Entries

Participants must follow all steps to qualify for the contest.

(1) Tag your contest entry with the following tags:

#wpafterdark #feelinglucky2017

(2) Post your story in the comments section below, so that we know you have entered.

(3) Share your story with your friends! Let them know that they can enter too.

Lucky Winners!

There will be three lucky places up for grabs!

Prizes include:

- Winning entries will be acclaimed via announcement by the official After Dark profile.

- Winning entries will be added to our exclusive Scarlet Letter Anthology

- Specially designed stickers for all designated winners and their entries.

- The choice of a custom made book cover, banner or avatar pack.

- An option to have one book reviewed by one our ambassador admins (and, if wanted) to have that review posted up in our official "Raunchy Reviews" collection.

- And more to come!

Rules

**Your story may be mature, ie it may contain sex if you choose. However, it must adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines and it must have a plot. We will not accept works that are only based on sex. There must be a story as well.

Your story must be in English

One entry per person

Your story must be tagged. No tag means no entry.

Your story must be original and it must be written solely for the purpose of this contest. Prior written stories are not permitted.

Non-Mature Entries are welcome too!

Prompt Ideas

Feel free to use your own! Just remember, a lucky event....with a twist!

- Alex never got over Rebecca. When a high school reunion brings them together again, he's delighted to discover that all their old chemistry is still there. There's only one problem, however...the wedding band on her left hand.

- Carlisle is on the vacation from hell. His car breaks down, he misses his flight to Hawaii and by some cruel stroke of fate, gets stuck in a terrible snowstorm. The tiny hotel he's forced to take cover in holds one well-kept secret, however...it's owner. The quiet, mysterious Jackson might just be worth the delay after all.

- Evelyn has broken up with her boyfriend. Worse, it's her birthday. Even worse, she has work tutoring six-year old Sally across the road, french. When Sally's father finds out just how badly her day is going, however, she learns that not all situations are as bad as they seem.

Judging Criteria

We will be judging entries based on the following criteria:

- Originality. We want to see a lucky event, with a surprise twist in the story. The better the twist, the better your score!

- Grammar. Cross your i's and dot your t's. Run your story through spellcheck before submitting it to us.

- The Lucky Event. We love cliches and well done plot-lines, but if your lucky event is truly unique, you'll score high on the competition leaderboards!

- Flow and Plot. We love a well-crafted story. The more believable, well-written and thought out your story is, the higher it will score.

Any questions? Send us a direct message through the profile, or tag the profile, or an ambassador admin in the comments below.

And because ASL is cool....