Contest - Fools in Love (Closed)

It's April Fools!

And true to form, AfterDark has yet another fantastic contest to celebrate the new month with!

Introducing...

Contest

This contest is all about Fools In Love.

People in love do stupid things

Sometimes they go to extreme lengths to impress another person. We want to see a stories that capture this phase of love. Whether your character makes an outrageous confession of love, or secretly works on a project to impress their equally secret crush, the choice is yours!

The challenge? Write a short story (five thousand words or less) based on this theme. Because this is an After Dark Contest mature entries are welcome!*

Not sure what to write? Check out our prompt section for ideas!

Deadline

Stories must be submitted by April 20th. After that, submissions will close and judging will begin.

Entries

Participants must follow all steps to qualify for the contest.

(1) Tag your contest entry with the following tags:

#wpafterdark #foolsinlove2017

(2) Post a link to your story in the comments section below.

(3) Share your story with your friends! Let them know that they can enter too.

Lucky Winners!

There will be three lucky places up for grabs!

Prizes:

- Winning entries will be acclaimed via announcement by the official After Dark profile.

- Winning entries will be added to our Contest Book as Winning Entries

- Winning entries will be added to our exclusive Contest Winners Reading List

- Specially designed stickers for all designated winners and their entries.

- Specially designed sashes for all designated winners

- The choice of either a custom made book cover, banner OR avatar pack.

-An optional "Raunchy Review" of the book of their choice

Rules

**Your story may be mature, ie it may contain sex if you choose. However, it must adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines and it must have a plot. We will not accept works that are only based on sex. There must be a story as well.

Your story must be in English

One entry per person

Your story must be tagged. No tag means no entry.

Your story must be original and it must be written for this contest only. Prior written stories will not be judged.

Non-Mature Entries are welcome too!

Prompt Ideas

These are ideas, feel free to twist or use them as is. You are more than welcome to think of your own as well.

- Sarah has a date. Not just any date, a date with Billy Miles. She's wanted to date him ever since she saw a copy of her favorite book on his desk at work. Only problem is, the night he's asked her to go out with him is the same night as her big, Italian family's reunion dinner. Looks like Billy's about to meet her family.

- Jim is running out of excuses to talk to the cute mechanic down the road. He's given his car tires so many punctures, he might just have to buy a new ones. When he's caught red-handed in the act, by the very man he's doing it for however, how will he explain himself?

- Gemma doesn't wear heels. But she put them anyway. Walking into her favorite bar was only made better by the fact that Jeremy was there as well. Unfortunately, the fairy-tale ended when she tripped over her foot, careened into her date, and sent him straight to the ER.

Judging Criteria

We will be judging entries based on the following criteria:

- Character Development. Create someone we can relate to. We've all been in this situation, or know someone that has, so the easier we are able to relate your protagonist, the better. Make them flawed, show us a little of their background, give them multiple personality traits.

- Grammar. Cross your i's and dot your t's. Run your story through spellcheck before submitting it to us.

- Flow and Plot. We love a well-crafted story. The more believable, well-written and thought out your story is, the higher it will score.

- Originality and Use of Prompt. Use the prompt in a unique way and your entry will earn a higher score.

- BONUS POINTS. Create a unique way for your character to reveal their feelings for their interest and you'll earn bonus points. This could even win you the contest! Examples of this would include events such as Landon's smooth move from A walk to Remember, where he gives Jamie her miracle by being in two places at once.

Any questions? Send us a direct message through the profile, or tag the profile, or an ambassador admin in the comments below

Good Luck!! Remember to check out the other contestants work as they're posted, you never know where your next #raunchyread could come from!