Guilt

Chapter1

I slowly slid across to the edge of the bed. Feeling a little sore, I got up gingerly and slowly made my way across the room, gathering clothing as I went. I could feel the dark stare narrowed on my back but didn't turn around, even as I heard a rustle of fabric behind me.

"I'm sorry I made love to you." His deep baritone sent a thrill down my spine, even as his words sent a spasm of pain. But I understood, so I only nodded as I reached down to pull up my panties.

"I want you to know I never wanted this to happen. It was an accident," he continued on.

I could only nod again, for it had been just that. An accident. My first time... and it was an accident.

"I never intended to have sex. And certainly, not with you," he went on insistently.

As if I didn't know. As if I even needed an explanation.

I was a twenty-four-year-old virgin for a reason. No, wait. I had been a virgin that was. My plump frame and homely features did not, as a rule, inspire passion in the opposite sex, so I really did understand that it was an accident.

"You know I love your sister," he reiterated what he had been saying before we had sex. Somehow, hearing him say it now did not have the same effect as it had before.

Colin Richards had been nearly sobbing when I found him sitting on the doorsteps outside. I had been instantly concerned. Inviting him in had clearly been a mistake, and pleading that he told me all about it, more so. But then, this was not an unusual thing to do for me. Lending a sympathetic ear was a given. I was naturally empathetic. I could relate to most woes—most woes pertaining to my sister especially, having experienced all of it myself. The older sister to a glamorous super model, Janice Williams. Plenty of woes in that. I'd lost my parents at a tender age. Again, lots I could relate to. Then, there was the generic, never had a boyfriend, working for the most horrible boss in the world. My shit just went on.

So, yes, I could relate, and I often did.

With Colin, it had been no exception. Only I seemed to have gone a mile over what was considered reasonable. Another first for me. I usually remained within the borders of what generally constituted as sensible. Almost from day one of knowing him, Colin had come to me with his troubles. His Janice troubles, and I had done what I always did. I listened, and I empathised.

Only this time, things got carried away; a hug of comfort turned to a kiss, a cuddle, and then... a fuck.

I felt heavy regret stirring within, one that burned with a combination of guilt and outright shame.

I turned around, looking for my bra and then spotting it near Colin's feet. I shifted forward to grab it. I felt an incredible urge to get out of my own home. I doubted I could ever come back here again, not without relieving moments of what was surely a regret of a lifetime.

I bent down to retrieve it and straightened to encounter Colin's bold and hungry gaze trained on my luscious form.

He neared me and reached out to brush his thumb over my nipple, causing it to instantly harden into the nubs he suckled on so painfully only moments before. I winced over the soreness.

"You won't tell her about us, will you?" he asked, closing in his body to mine. I didn't understand the question. My mind froze again as it did before when he cupped my tits mid hug and then later fucked me.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, but he misunderstood and said, "Good. I knew I could count on you to help me. I knew you would understand."

Then, he pulled me back flush against himself, and I ceased to think at all. But the clear prodding at my back roused my senses back in time.