Start of the letters

dear my sweet lucy

the train was filled with men crying I have never seen so many cries at once. I miss you so much promise the minute I get off the train we will get married. One thing that sickens me is there are boys that are fourteen and to think in a few day they will have more blood on their hands than any grown man I know.

that's all, for now, my love, you're willie

dear my willie

the train station wasn't much better the woman started to weep in hysteria, I did my best I ended up crying at home. I promise you the second not minute but the second you get off we will get married. Mrs. Davidson was weeping for her boys one boy is Eight-teen his name is daniel and the other almost Twenty named billy they both are so young it's not fair why they send such young people to send there to fight. war wrecks an adult man brains taking them years to recover they expect kids to do that it's crazy. I have to go now my love I promised to help Mrs Davidson and Mrs elder, Mrs elder has her sons and husbands on that train.

love lucy

dear my lovely lucy

I'm sorry you have to bear witness the sadness of war. I shall look out for the elder and Davison boys as much as possible. my commanding officer said that I have proved remarkably well in my training. in two days time, we will all be shipped off to Germany. I have made friends with the younger Davison boy named Daniel and his brother. his father left when he was younger. if they die his mother will have no one left. my love if you could please watch out for Ms. Davidson. my letters will be limited for the next few days for I am going overseas,

willie

dear my willie

do not worry about me my love I shall be fine I am sorry you're a victim of war. Mrs. Davidson is very nice and helpful I don't know who is helping who. it's a shame he could die in a matter of minutes sorry I don't mean to be so dark but it's this war I can't help it it's scary thinking you could be dead in a matter of seconds. all for to today Mrs. Davidson is calling me.

bye my love lucy.