1915

lucy

hello, my dearest sorry it took a few weeks to get to Germany. the battle ground is scattered with innocent bystanders and people who have been blown to bits that it's nearly impossible to identify if their soldiers or bystanders. thirty of our men died the younger jones boy watched his brother be blown to bits. we are moving closer to enemy lines. I saw death with my own eyes as he turned his back and took my friend.

all, for now, love willie

willie

Mrs jones wept in hysteria. at church, we prayed for the wounded the sick and ours away from home. afterward, I help Mrs jones home feed her a small dinner for she wasn't hungry. she fell asleep around twelve I cooked dinner for her and left. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow it's the only time he is available. tomorrow he leaves to go help the injured and sick.

all, for now, love lucy

lucy.

sorry, this letter is brief. send Mrs jones my regards and tell her I promise to keep daniel safe and well. I can't do much for him emotional or mental he must be lost without his brother. I hope nothing's the matter and everything is well with you.

love willie

willie

Mrs jones says thank you and there will be a big cake waiting for you. everything is fine and well with me but I have a surprise for you I'm with child. so not only will we married but we will have a beautiful son or daughter. yeah, daniel will get help but seeing his brother murdered is horribly scary. I hope the news of our child gave you some happiness.

love lucy

lucy

that is great news. will the baby be born before or after I get back? I don't care if its a girl she will be almost as beautiful as her mother and the son it will be a treat to look at a younger version of me. today I watch young boys die it's sad. they didn't get to see a girl that the would want to make their wife.

love willie

willie

the name of the girl Annie or Dianne the boy Charles. he or she is doing after the wedding whenever that is. yes, it's a shame for the lord to take those boys that are so young. I do not mean to be selfish but the funerals are growing tiring my closet is full of black. I do not have much to say. Mrs. Davison and I are happy that you guys are alive and somewhat well. she found out I'm pregnant and she won't let me help around the house it's funny.

love lucy

love,

I may not be a doctor but you should take it easy. we are lucky to be alive we are moving closer and closer to enemy lines. you aren't selfish I'm tired of people dying. I might not write for awhile it's hard to get letters home without being shot. sorry, this letter is random I'm trying to think with the guns firing not an easy task. the name of the baby sounds great I can't wait to see him or her. love you my sweetest lucy.

love willie

my willie

that is asking the impossible I have to do something. I'm sorry war is taking a large toll on you. this letter is short because Mrs jones is calling me she has become very bitter guess death does that to people. I love you very much and can't wait to see you.

love lucy

 lucy

can't wait to see you love you goodbye

love willie