The Last Letters

One day as she was watching Wilie jr and his daughter playing a game outside. She didn't realize she was crying until Annie put her hand on lucy's shoulder and asked if she was okay. Waking up from her daze she answered still distracted "yes I'm fine, can you help me dear in my room I think I need to lay down." Annie left and lucy was up after the door closed she sat down at her desk and started to write her last letter to her Willie sr. 

Dear my sweet Willie

It has been long since we spoke my time is near and we will see you again. Another war broke loose and our son was sent to fight. He came back but suffered the death of many men. He has grown up a smart charming man he resembles you in every way possible. He married a nice girl named Annie they have a two-year-old daughter Elizabeth she looks like her mother but has our son's eyes. I know missed many things like his wedding and his first steps and words. you would be so proud of him. You never got to help raise willie jr, but I feel you watching over me and I know you're always there.  I will see you soon up in heaven my willie I love you and I miss you.

love your Lucy.  

Weeks passed and lucy never sent the letter are showed the letter to anyone but one day Willie called his mom and asked if he could come over. Lucy never turned away her son but wondered if he was okay. There was a knock on the door she went to answer it. 

"willie whats the matter you look like something is troubling you," she noticed the letter in his hand " Did you get bad news in the letter," she asked with clear concern "is all of Annie's family well?"

"Yes there all fine and this is great news" he answered but look distant.

"sit down I'll fix us some tea," she said hurrying to get the water boiled " so who's it from, tell me the story."

  " Mum it's from dad" Lucy stopped what she was doing and look at her son "Paul gave me the letter saying it got lost in the war, and I read it, its address to you and me." Willie stood up and help his mum to her chair gave her the letter. he left the room to finish making the tea. Lucy looked at the letter afraid it would attack her. Mustering her courage she opened the letter and read. 

Dear my lovely love Lucy,

You are my one light that guides me through this that always burns bright and never leaves my side. When I feel like I don't think I can move any further or make it any farther your beautiful face comes to mind and I'm filled with the strength of a thousand men and my only thoughts are holding you in my arms and never letting you go. Sometimes in my darkest hours, I think I will not make it home. Then my thoughts are filled my, young boy who I know will make me proud no matter what he does I will always be proud of him. Even if I don't make it back but I hope I do I know you will do a fine job of raising him. I love you my lovely wife lucy and by beautiful boy William Denver jr. 

Love your husband Willie.

lucy and willie jr both cried and embraced each other for the loss of the husband and the father he never got to be.

Many years later Lucy was buried with both of the letters and laid next to willie and was reunited in the end.      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked the book and watch out for "Willies Black Book" coming to you whenever I feel like writing it - Fableheaven 147