Chapter eight

Jesse's Point of View

I got to where Deborah and I were talking and she was already there. She didn't see me or notice me. I saw she was wearing a black dress. She was so beautiful from what I could see. She turned around and smiled.

My heart melted when she smiled at me. How does she make me feel this way? I thought to myself.

Deborah's Point of View

I stood here waiting until I noticed him behind me. But I stood in my place before I decided to turn around to look at him and smile. "Jesse!" I said and ran to him. He picked me up and hugged me. It felt so nice to be hugged by him. I didn't want him to let go. Ever. He put me down but didn't let me go. Which was perfect.

I turned my head slightly to look at him. "Hey." He smiled and whispered. I smiled back. His smile was contagious. "Hi." I whispered back. "I didn't know if you'd come back or not." He told me. I hugged him tighter. "Of course I came back." I said, burying my face into his neck.

He pulled me into him more. "That reminds me of something." He said quietly, running his hands up my back which sent chills all over my body. "What?" I asked. He slowly ran his hand up my shoulder and to my hair to move it out of the way. The mark. I thought.

I moved my head so he'd have room to figure out where to put it. I closed my eyes as I felt his warm, soft lips right above my collar bone. But something was stopping him. "Go ahead Jesse." I whispered. I could feel him lightly shaking. "What if I hurt you?" He whispered. "If you do, it'll only be for a second. Go ahead." I said to him. "Everything will be okay." I whispered.

I felt a burning sensation above my collarbone. Burning, white hot pain. But it was over in a matter of five seconds before it went away. Jesse moved away from me slightly and I looked at him. He had a small amount of blood on the corner of his lip. He did it. He actually marked me. I thought.

Then there was a tug on my heart. A really hard one. It was harder for me to resist him now. "You know what the last thing we have to do is, right?" I asked him. He nodded. "I do." He said. "Luckily I brought this to lay on." He said and reached into the bag he did bring and pulled out a few blankets.

He laid them down on the ground and grabbed my hand. "I'm ready if you are." He told me. I smiled and lightly pulled my hand away from him to unzip my dress. It fell to the ground to leave me there in my bra and shorts. He lightly laughed. "Shorts under a skirt?" He asked me. I nodded. "Yeah." I blushed.

"It's okay." He told me and laid me down. "It doesn't matter if you do or not." He said and undressed. "Ready?" He asked. I bit my lip. Is this really what I wanted?... I thought of what my mom said and what Jordyn said. Do I put myself before my pack, or do I put my pack before me. Even though it would be unbearable to be without this man in front of me now. My life would be miserable without Jesse. But to know I had put my pack's lives' in danger is miserable to think about. Because if we did this, his pack might be upset with us and take it out on Blue Oasis.

I looked him in the eyes and I knew my answer. "Yes. I'm as ready as I'll ever be." I whispered. Let's not hope I made a bad mistake.