Chapter fourteen

Deborah's Point of View

After I finally found a shirt that had covered my neck, I walked back out into the living room. My mother and Jordyn were blabbing away about some stuff about hunting. I chose to ignore their endless talk about it and eat some deer sausage that was still left over.

Jordyn's dad makes the best deer sausage. Whenever there's a big load of deer that was caught on a hunt, he always can make enough deer sausage from one deer to feed our pack eighteen times. How he does it is still a mystery to both Jordyn and I.

"Hey Deborah. What time did you say you wanted to go on that walk?" My mother asked me as I was stuffing my face with deer sausage. "Noon." I said, still having my mouth full of deer sausage that the word noon sounded like nurng. She looked at me funny. "What?"

I swallowed the food in my mouth. "Noon." I repeated. She nodded and looked at the wall clock. "So we better get a move on. It's shockingly already eleven thirty and I'm dressed yet and haven't taken a shower." She chuckled as she stood up. She was wearing her purple nightgown covered by a deep burgundy colored robe. "It'll only take me a little bit though." She said and walked away.

Jordyn stood up. "Don't tell me you're taking your mother to go see him." He told me sternly. I gave him a look. "Of course I'm not. I'm taking her AND you to see him." I told him with a smile. He shook his head. "Oh no. No no no no no. I'm not going to." He told me and crossed his arms like a little kid. I pouted. "Come on, Jordyn. We want both you and her there so we can explain to you about everything." I said quietly.

He let out a sigh. "Fine. But if you're mother decides to do anything like attack him or something bizarre like that, then I'm not going to be the one to stop her." He told me. I nodded. "Deal."

Mother came back out in less than ten minutes wearing jeans and a white t shirt. "Why don't we go on that walk a little early? I kind of have things to do at one forty-five today." She said. Great. Now we might even miss Jesse. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jordyn with that big cheesy smirk on his face whenever things seemed they didn't or weren't gonna go my way.

I was going to slap him but decided to go against it since it is also his birthday too. "Um.. Okay. Let's go then. Is it okay if Jordyn tags along too? Just didn't want to leave him out on his birthday." I said as we all headed for the front door. Mom shrugged. "Sure if he wants to." Jordyn narrowed his eyes at me but I just gave him a big smile.

We all went out the door and slowly stalked towards the edge of the woods. "Why are we walking towards the woods again?" Mother questioned as we slowly reached it. "So we can look into the woods as we walk and look over it's beautifulness." I told her as we slowly were walking around the edge of the forest. "We can always see the beautifulness of the woods without having to leave the comforts of our own homes or pack because we live in a giant area surrounded by the woods." Jordyn said.

I flicked his arm. "Oh hush. We can look up close and personal without getting hurt. It's only gonna be us here since there isn't another pack other than Vanished Fire for another couple of miles. And people from VF wont dare come into the pack." I told him. Mother shrugged. "She's right."

Then there was rustling to our right. I instantly felt Jordyn grab me and pull me behind him. "I should've known it was you by the smell, you wretched thing." He said into the woods but I didn't see anyone at first. "That's a rude way to say hello to your best friend's mate." I heard Jesse say.

Jesse's Point of View

I finally got to the edge of the woods near Deborah's pack. I saw her, her friend, and her mother walking towards were I was. So I slowly pushed myself through the bushes but it made a loud rustling sound and her friend instantly pushed Deborah behind him. He glared in my direction. "I should've known it was you by the smell, you wretched thing." He said.

I didn't worry about making any noise anymore so I just pushed fully through the bushes and came out. "That's a rude way to say hello to your best friend's mate." I told him. "What are you doing here?" Her mother asked. Before I could say anything, Deborah pushed her way past Jordyn (i think thats his name. But I don't really care what his name is) and came up to me.

"Deborah get away from him." Her mother said but she didn't listen and gave me a big hug. "Deborah Elizabeth listen to me." Her mother told her. She was getting angry. But Deborah turned around to look at her. "Mother, we just want to talk. We don't want to fight." She told her. "What's there to talk about, Deborah? He's trespassing." She growled.

Deborah fully stood in front of me to, I'm assuming, shield me from her mother. "Mother. There's something we were going to tell you so we decided to do it this way." She said and pulled her shirt away from her neck, to reveal the mark. Her mother gasped and looked between me and Deborah. "Last night, before I went to Jordyn's, I went to go see Jesse. I had to see him again, mother. Long story short, we mated and he marked me." She told her and let go of the collar and it bounced back to her neck.

"And the story you told me, about how father and my uncle came to our pack from Jesse's, it's going to happen again whether you like it or not." She told her and she grabbed my hand. I gave her a confused look. Was it true? That her father was part of Vanished Fire? And so was her uncle? "I'm sorry mother but either Jesse is coming to Blue Oasis or I'm going to Vanished Fire. That's that."

Her mother growled and I could see the look in her eyes that she didn't want that. I knew she wanted me far away from Deborah and Blue Oasis as possible. But just standing here with Deborah makes me feel complete again. Even after what happened with Jake.

"I was hoping we could talk about it rather than fight." Deborah said. Her mother didn't let up. Both her and Jordyn were still wanting to attack me for trespassing. "I better go." I said and let go of her hand. She turned to look at me. "What?" She asked. "I trespassed.. I'm sorry." I started to leave but a hand grabbed the collar of my shirt and spinned me around.

It was Jordyn and his face was barely two inches away from mine. "Since you're already here, why don't I just kick your ass?" He spat. "Jordyn. That's quite enough. Let him go. He hasn't actually done anything." Deborah's mother said. Jordyn hesitated. "Jordyn Valentine, I order you to let him go." Deborah's mother commanded. He eventually let go of me and moved away.

Deborah hugged me tight and looked at Jordyn. "Touch him again and that hand disappears." She growled. Jordyn glared at both her and me. "Just be lucky your mother saved his ass. He didn't deserve it." Jordyn said and walked away. "What seems to be his issue?" I murmured. "He thinks you're taking me away from him." Deborah sighed.

Deborah's Point of View

I watched Jordyn as he walked away. I didn't expect us just wanting to talk was going to cause so much commotion. Mother watch Jordyn leave then turned towards us. "There is nothing to discuss. Deborah, come." She demanded and started to leave. But I didn't follow. "No mother." I said confidently. She turned around. "Deborah Elizabeth, as your mother and your alpha I order you to come with me now." She said.

I shook my head and hugged Jesse tighter. "You can't use that on me anymore, mother. I'm twenty years old now. I make my own decisions now and I want to be with Jesse and that's that."

She gave me a shocked look. "You heard me right mother. Whether you want to discus this or not, you still have no right to command me to leave Jesse. He's my mate and I'm going to be with him the rest of my life." I told her.

She inhaled deeply. "Fine. We'll discuss this at the house. Both of you, follow me."