*Record Scratch* Freeze Frame

I liked to believe I had some illusion of decision making in my life, but as things would have it I was so painfully devoid of any power to steer my life towards any so direction that I choose. This thought only further proven by the fact that the moment I entered my apartment there was a man towering over me with a black eye-patch over his left eye, Nick Fury in all his glory clad in black on black on black reminding me all too much of a grim reaper to be anything other than terrifying.

"Scream and a bullet goes through your head." He pulled out a gun in a single motion taking it off safety so that I heard the resounding click, and if this was a scare tactic let me just say, I definitely did not even need that at this point because the fact that he was even standing in my apartment was enough to make me lose control of my bowels.

So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Well, in all honesty I have no idea because up until now I had been living a 100% normal life. Really it had been months since the incident so I just figured go and god bless my soul, but it was never go and god bless. I was stupid to ever fall into a calm routine.

I suppose the start was when I materialized from thin air on February 21st in a road intersection where pedestrians had been walking through the street in a flurry.

One second I, wondering if my clothes had looked okay enough, was standing in front of the mirror. The next second I felt a burning pain throughout my entire body, and I had landed in the middle of New York city with just a small handbag filled with my essentials.

The first thing I registered was the noise. There was a continuous buzzing in my ear, my eyesight had been blurred as though someone had flashed a bright light into my eyes and lastly there was a strong pounding in my head that followed the fast rhythm of my heart. I felt like I was falling, but my feet were still firmly planted on the ground.

I could feel people brush past me quickly trying to get through, but at the time, I didn't know what it was. I imagined it was the wind tearing me apart piece by piece and pushing me around like a flimsy autumn leaf caught in a gust of wind.

Eventually as though the rest of me had arrived after my body, the nausea disappeared, and I could hear the noise properly like it wasn't just a faint TV playing in the background and I could see the the red countdown on the street light and the cars lined up to my left and the puddles by the side of the road gathering around a weirdly shaped pot hole. I could see that I was in need of a pinch to the cheek and a couple of slaps to the face, but before I could even properly react to the sudden change in scenery, I heard the obnoxious honk of a bright red Buick and instinctively rushed to the other side.

And that had been that. The only weird thing to happen to me in my entire life. Over done with and never to be spoken of again. Until now that is.

------------------------------

I'm gonna try to keep this thing light because lowkey don't wanna explore new world panic. Call it what you will (laziness) but I've wrote too many "send me back home I hate this DD:" stuff that I'm just done. So is this crack who knows definitely not me.

581 words