Chapter 2 - It's a Date

~With Zayn~

Zayn lived in what was classified as a real shitty apartment that had shitty plumbing and the electric bill was almost never paid and the only reason he wasn't out on the streets was because his land lord, who was a sweat old lady, never gave him crap for late rent.

Zayn didn't have a real job... the only way he got money was when he sold drugs, on the rare occasion that he didn't use the drugs he bought on himself. He used all different kinds of  drugs that honestly he didn't exactly know which drugs gave him what high.

Zayn right now was sitting on his couch his knee bouncing and hands shaking as he waited for his dealer, Andy to stop by with his latest shipment. He was already a hour late and Zayn was getting antsy.

Zayn jumped up as soon as he heard the knock on the door and opened the door letting Andy in "You're late." He hissed looking at the male taking his box of shit handing the guy two twenties and two fives. 

Andy held up one dollar to the light whistling "You don't see many like this in this business." He chuckled as Zayn nodded just wanting him to leave now that he had gotten his shit 

"Yeah yeah got it from some guy and his daughter." He chuckled closing the door in Andy's face before quickly going to his couch and started to ruffle through his boxes, smiling when he found what he wanted. He had been getting calls from big time dealers saying he better pay up by next month or he'd have hell to pay.... the problem was he didn't have the $400 that he owed them.

~WARNING DRUG USE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ SKIP TO THE NEXT ~ ~

Zayn got out one of the bags of heroin and smashed some of it up with his card and made three lines before leaning down and snorting it up out of the three clean lines he had made, he smiled as the rush kicked in.

~With Niall~

Niall tiredly opened his eyes and glanced down to see Alana passed out on his chest. Niall had decided to take a nap with her seeing as he had the night shift yet again tonight. He glanced at the clock groaning as he lifted Alana up before tucking her back into his bed going to the bathroom. He quickly jumped in the shower. He got out and got dressed, grabbing his phone and wallet putting them in his pockets.

He walked over to his bed smiling at his still sleeping little girl. He picked her up with her stuffed bear and blanky soothing her as she stirred and whimpered in his arms "Shhh baby girl, Daddies sorry but hes gotta go to work." He whispered walking out of their apartment and right across the hall to his neighbor Liam's door smiling once he opened up the door. "Thank you again for watching her." He smiled moving through the apartment before laying her in Liam's bed.

"It's no problem Niall you know she keeps me well entertained." He chuckled. Liam had been watching Alana since they moved in and still refused to take any of the money that Niall offered him. 

Niall smiled kissing Alana's head as she fell back into a peaceful sleep. Niall hugged Liam smiling "You've got the key the apartment so if she wants to get anything from inside go ahead and take her over, just make sure you lock the door when you leave." He sighed.

Liam chuckled "Relax I've watched her before Ni I know what I'm doing." He smiled.

Niall nodded as he reminded him a few more things before leaving the apartment complex. He walked to the cafe and threw on a apron as soon as he walked into the door. "Busy today?" Niall asked as he glanced into the kitchen at the cook Harry, who just so happened to be Louis' boyfriend.

"Nah, Lou took his break since there hasn't been many people around." He smiled looking at Niall "Hows that niece of ours?" He asked smiled "I feel like we haven't seen each other in what seems like forever..... you know we should really have a proper get together soon mate." He smiled "I love playing Candy Land with her." He smiled.

Niall chuckled "She kicks your arse every time you play together." He said chuckling before making himself a cup of coffee. Paul, the manager, was a great guy and aloud the lads to drink and eat anything on the menu as long as they didn't send him into bankrupt.

"Hey she cheats." Harry informed Niall. "She makes sure those cards are in the order she wants them." He said flipping the a burger. Niall couldn't help but laugh at that last comment .

"You shuffle the cards Harry!" He said as the front bell rang signaling they had a customer. Niall walked over to the male that was sitting down "Can I get you something to drink?" He asked a little shocked as he saw the same man from the other day smile up at him.

Zayn smiled at him "Yeah maybe a coffee... and a date with you?" He smirked.

Niall turned a bright read "It's a yes for the first request but I'll have to get back to you on the second question." He said hurrying back to the counter.

Harry looked at Niall "What the hell are you doing Niall?" He smiled "Get back over there and agree to that date." he smiled "I can't even remember the last time you've done something since Alana was born." He said. 

Niall just glared at Harry but made Zayn's coffee and walked back over to the older male "I guess I could spare some time.... this Saturday?" Niall asked as Zayn looked at him with a smirk.

"It's a date."