Chapter 2

A/N - Might not post Monday because I will be doing something over the weekend at my friends church weekend thingie... so yea

   I fell backwards onto my bed, exhausted from all of my training. At nearly 18 years old I have yet to go on a mission. I am the top trainee and I spend all day fighting a bratty 15 year old who can't even fight. How am I supposed to get better if I have to fight someone who is years below my fighting level.

   In all the current training I am doing, I feel like the headmistress is preparing me for something. Something big. She keeps making me do all of these training simulators. For example, she made me fight 10 people at the same time with a single knife. She also is making me practice life saving exercises, like finding clean water and creating fires. She keeps pairing me and people from other academies together. It's like the training the characters in the Hunger Games completed. During my training, I keep hearing whispers behind my back saying things about how I "killed" Kensley. All I did was put Puffer-fish poison on the dart. Sure it was a little too much and knocked her out for 2 days instead of 1 hour, but who's counting? 

     "Sophie Foster, please report to the head office immediately. Again, Sophie Foster, please report to the head office." I could not believe my ears. I mean sure, the headmistress is basically my foster mother.  (get it.... Foster? I am SO funny! Lol now back to the chapter) I don't get called down to the office that often. " I wonder what she wants now? " I get up and make sure I look presentable, and then stagger down to her office.

     I walk in to see a dimly lit room, with her chair facing the opposite wall. She does not really decorate her office with "family-friendly" things. Instead on the walls are grenades, guns, swords, trophies, and medals. On her desk is a small picture of me when I first came here. In the picture I was ripping off the head of a training dummy. Ahh good times. 

      "I bet you are wondering why you are here."  I really didn't, but I just nodded because I knew something ugly would happen if I didn't respond. "Well I know you are about to turn 18, so I have a surprise for you." I could not believe it!  The headmistress had never given me anything other than stress."Omg thank you so much!! What is it?" She looked sad for a second and then said, " You get to go on your first undercover mission." Wow, not only did she remember my birthday, but she also gave me my first top secret mission! 

     " Now I know you are very excited, but you need to know one thing," she said in a stern voice.  "What is it?" I said really bubbly like. " You can not do this alone, so I have arranged to have you get a partner along with the mission." All of a sudden I was less excited. "Who did you chose to be my partner?" I asked cautiously.  " Well say hello to your new partner" she said as she signaled for the door to open. My jaw dropped as I saw who it was. I can't believe that this is happening.

A/N- Sorry for leaving on a cliff hanger and for the shorter chapter! I might change my schedule to posting every Tuesday and Friday due to some other things I have to do. Anyways, probably not posting Monday, so please hold on and hope that I post soon, so yea... I am SO awkward lol.  Anyways, Love u guys - Vivister05