Unhappy ever after

I was out to slay the beast. The monster was slaughtering the villagers, I couldn't just standby and let it attack my kingdom. I was done with it. I walked into the forest with the  most skilled huntsman in the land. My grandmother looked at me with worried eyes, I've never seen her act like that, the queen, of all people, frightened. "Be careful love, some men have never come out alive."
       "Good thing I'm not a man."
     And off we departed into the dark forest. Of course I was frightened, but bravery isn't the absence of fear, it is the fact that one rises above it. I heard a raspy screech, I turned around and aimed my crossbow at the general direction of the sound. My eyes were met with a large wolf like beast, his eyes a deep glowing red, I realized what I was dealing with. A werewolf was staring straight at me. How could I be so stupid!  I looked up, remembering that 'twas a full moon. I readied myself to fire when a figure jumped in front of me. It was a young man about as old as me. "Please don't fire your majesty, for he is my love."
          "Love? Whatever do you mean?"
          "I know how to cure a werewolf, I always have a silver coin with me on full moons. He is my husband."
             "Aye, well then, please try and use silver wedding bands if your going to ma-"
            "Young man, step aside, we were sent here to do a job."
I glared at the young huntsman. He can be so insensitive. I kept trying to reason with him. I didn't want to resort to violence. Then I heard it, a lows deep growl. I tuned to the werewolf. He lunged at me, tearing the flesh in my arm. My long white cloak, was now a deep crimson. I fired my crossbow into the air, hoping to scare the beast off of me, when the huntsman fired a fatal blow straight through the werewolf's heart. I got up quickly and thank the huntsman. "You-y-you killed him! You KILLED him!"the young man choked between sobs. I pulled a rose from my braided hair with my non injured arm, and laid it upon the beast's chest. The young mans yellow shirt and dirtied brown pants were now covered in blood, holding his loved one in his arms.