Chapter 3

The family had been on the move for days now, sometimes without rest. The little female had grown to be half the size of her bigger brothers, her scales had greyed in some places where her joints were. Her faded brown brother had grown a few rather handsome colouring down his spine, her speckled brother however had lost a claw but gained a few rather handsome patterning along his spine and head. Their father however had begun to grow some red scales down his neck and spine showing that mating season would soon begin, the little female knew that within the next few days their father would find a new mate and they would have to fend for themselves. The family continued on towards the usual nesting grounds where they would leave their father to hunt and thrive on their own, it was a weeks travel to the grounds but they moved without rest. The little female gave an exhausted roar to her father, he turned slightly seeing his exhausted hatchlings so they stopped to rest a while. A roar in the distance signalled a female calling for a mate, instantly the mighty male spinosaurus gave a reply roar. A few more roars sounded between the two before yet again the family was on the move, it didn't take long for them to reach a large stream where they spotted an unusual red and black female spinosaurus. The female swam across spotting the three hatchlings behind the now fully mature male, the two rubbed noses for a moment or so before nudging the hatchlings across the stream. It took a bit of effort but the family was soon on its way again, now they had a temporary mother until they had to leave to save themselves.