Chapter 6

It had been two seasons since the little female had last seen her own brothers and been taken away from her Midnight friend, the two brothers that now possessed her took turns keeping an eye on her while the other went to eat or drink. The mating season had long passed but the brothers still kept her for their own awaiting the next mating season, she knew she was far safer with them then alone so she simply stuck with them. Either way she had no choice but to stay since if she tried to leave without them they would herd her back to the area in which they temporarily stayed, today she was in a rather cranky mood and snapped if they got too close. All wandering males kept their distance if both brothers were together but if a wondering lone male saw only one brother he would attack without hesitation only to be driven away or killed, the albino female bent down to drink when something rather shiny went past her muzzle. She instantly bit down on it and dragged it out of the water, she dropped it on dry land and instantly knew it was the body of a baby spinosaurus that had been killed due to something breaking its egg. She nudged it once or twice before leaving it to the brothers who ate the easy meal without complaint, soon she returned to her drinking spot to finish her morning drink. After all three had had something to eat and drink they were on the move, staying in one place provided more problems then expected for maturing spinosaurs. Many times after a fight the brothers would grow too stiff to travel luring many young predators to the area, each time none were successful in killing the trio with a healthy female to watch the brothers. A soft growling came from nearby bushes and out stepped two familiar faces, the two spinosaurs who had just arrived were her own brothers. Because they were siblings they caused no trouble for the other two who slept in the shade, the albino female noticed the two rather pretty females she had seen two seasons ago were still with them. After a short greeting the four left the trio in peace as they too were traveling away from the breeding grounds knowing that only the parents of many eggs nested there, though it would have been safer to stick together it was a males instinct to protect his mate or future mate. Soon the brother awoke and the trio were on the move yet again, this time they headed away from the lake and towards a distant mountain. The brothers knew where they were taking their prize and they knew it was the safest place for her, the female stayed close to them wanting protection even in her grumpy mood. A flash of red scales made them stop, in the distance came two unusual growls. The albino female knew they were carnotaurs, she let out the same greeting growl she had used so many seasons ago when she had first met a pair of carnotaur hatchlings. Two now familiar heads popped up from the bushes and made their way towards an oddly familiar spinosaurus, the three circled each other before giving greeting growls then heading on their way. Though it had been a very short greeting the female knew that she had some allies if she was ever alone and needed help, as the continued on through the forest they came across a small stream which had a few fish for the three to eat. After eating and drinking they were on their way yet again, the mountain grew closer and closer with each passing hour. Soon all three were exhausted beyond belief and layed down, the brothers put their heads on the albino females neck as they did every night to make sure she didn't leave them. She gave a soft growl as to say 'goodnight' before rested her muzzle on her front limbs, she let sleep consume her yet again.