Chapter 4

It had taken a week but the family finally reached the breeding grounds, the little female had ground far wiser then her elder brothers but was still smaller. Their father had grown more protective of his new mate, he had fought twice during the week they had been traveling. Finally the warmth of spring enveloped the family and made their father drive the hatchlings away, he then returned to his mate where he would stay until she died. The little female went ahead of her brothers as she knew where they were and the best spots to hide from other predators. Soon enough both of her brothers would reach the age where they would try to find mates of their own, she however loved to be alone when her brothers slept. In the distance they spotted a group of hatchlings no older then the three siblings, her brothers ran straight towards the singled out group of females but were cut short by a slightly older and far handsomer male. The male soon spotted the pale female and made his way over, the little female gave a low grumble as to say 'she had teeth and claws and she knew how to use them'. The male got the picture after she bit him once or twice and turned to keep an eye on the brothers who had singled out two rather pretty females of their own, the little female knew that this new slightly elder male didn't care since she had taken his full attention with her rare scales. By the time the next breeding season came around she would be old enough to breed, if this new Midnight coloured male kept her that long she would become his mate. This new male lead her away from her brother whom she had known all her life, they gave her parting roars before both she and her new male vanished into the trees. She was led along a narrow path towards the main lake where they could fish, she spotted her father and knew he had already courted his new mate. It would take a season or two to forget her parents but her brothers would never be forgotten, the pair continued onwards and soon arrived at the tree line closest to the lake. Here they could fish without a problem since the trees were close enough to stop a full grown spinosaurus from getting to them, the two started to fish as they grew very hungry. Soon they caught their fill and layed down to rest, the seasons to follow up until the next mating season would be a pain until she was old enough to mate herself. Her new partner seemed content on keeping her for himself, though she would miss her brothers it was for the best. The new found pair snuggled down as the sun began to set, who knew what adventures the next day would hold.