Chapter 9

As it was the season soon ended and the females were soon building nests for their future eggs, the brothers made sure their females built nests close to each other so that both nests were protected by two very aggressive mothers. The albino female liked this idea and soon began to wonder of how her own brothers were fairing, off in the distance she spotted four other spinosaurs. Two of them had the odd markings of her very own brothers, she let out a friendly roar to the four who seemed to be heading their way. The two larger males lifted their head, they instantly spotted the white scales of their sister and came over at a steady walk as to not rush their own mates. The three siblings gave soft growls in greeting, the four males exchanged a few growls and grumbles before allowing the other two females to build their nests next to the others. It had been agreed that the females would work together to guard all four nests while the males went off to hunt, the albino females brothers had chosen an almost golden scaled female and a blueish grey one as their mates. The albino females brothers had many scars and it was obvious it had been a struggle to keep their mates with them, the four females became quick friends and helped each other build strong nests. A sudden smell hit the albino females nose, she instantly recognised it to be a utahraptor that had been sneaking about trying to find eggs of some sort to scavenge off. She gave three warning growls to try to scare it away, as it was a loner it bolted in the opposite direction to the four nests. The males soon returned carrying a few fish with them, they dropped them next to the females before going to catch more for themselves. The albino female began to eat the fish, the other three considered her the dominate female and allowed her to eat so they could be at peace. Though this wasn't normal for spinosaurs to join up it felt safe for the four, it would be another day or two before the albino female and the faded one laid their eggs. The grey and the golden spinosaurs would lay theirs shortly as well, a fresh wave of blood hit the females noses suddenly causing them to look deeper into the trees. A low almost un hearable growl sounded causing the females to stand, the albino female spotted an almost black figure in the trees. She instantly knew its species and that it was bleeding or had recently made a kill, she moved forwards in an aggressive way as to try to scare the predator away. Instead of fleeing it charged at them, the females ran in different directions as a full grown bull (male) Tyrannosaurus Rex came towards them. The male managed to catch up to the albino female and get a hold on her tail, she fell to the ground after a short struggle and gave a roar for help. The bull T-Rex took a few steps closer to the albino female to finish her off, unexpectedly the other three females and the males gave threatening roars of their own. At the sight of seven spinosaurs advancing at once drove the T-Rex back the way he came, the albino females mate gave her some help getting up and nudged her back to the nests. The albino female had landed wrong when she fell causing some nerves in her hind left leg to shatter, she would have a permanent limp from now on. The night began to set it and the females lay beside their nests, this provided a danger for them all with the albino female now had a serious limp.