45%

Saturday Morning-
          On the way to the flower shop
10:00AM (Same day)
    Phil's Point of View

"Alright Phil we have about an hour, its ten now. We still need to pick up flowers and Chris and head to the coffee shop." He said looking at his watch.

"Why do we need flowers?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, continuing to walk.

"Because I'm not a hoe and I treat the people I love with respect and thoughtfulness." Pj said with a wide grin on his face.

"Oh and I should also mention, that I don't use him for sexual favors, mistreat him, or make him feel uncomfortable at any point in public." He added.

I groaned loudly after his remark, rolling my eyes too.

Pj is cool most of the time, but he can sure can be a dick sometimes. What does he know, he hasn't been with more than seven people in his life. I've been with about twenty-eight, and five of those relationships broke me. Including the one relationship I thought that was going to last forever, but didn't. I just felt numb after that, and tried dating other people to see if i could "fall in love" again. The conclusion was no. I couldn't. Love doesn't exist. Love doesn't exist.

Love does NOT exi-

"Hey Phil you okay? Sorry if I said something buddy." Pj stopped me in my too-focused tracks. "You were just about to run into that old lady!"

I looked at him, my eyes were glazed over with tears, but I wasn't sad, I wasn't happy, mad or confused. Just content.

"Yeah dude, I'm okay. Why do you ask?" I chuckled looking down at my feet.

"Because you looked like you were doing some pretty intense thinking there, haha." He laughed along.

"Anyways we're here at the flower shop. He pointed at the sign above us."

We walked in and Pj got his boyfriend flowers, they looked like pink tulips, but I'm no expert. He purchased the flowers, and then we headed out of the shop. I looked at my phone, its 10:35AM.

"Peej, we need to hurry up and get to Chris's, so we are at the coffee shop in time." I said trying to walk faster to convince Pj to hurry up.

The walk, turned into a fast walk, then a jog and into a run to Chris's.

Arriving on the street of his apartment, Pj gets a call from Chris. Then covers my mouth with his hand telling me to shush.

"Hey babe!" Pj greeted.

"Yeah yeah. We are literally here, why?"

"Oh. Haha. God no, we did?" He face-palmed.

Pj stopped walking and looked at me.

"Yeah I'll send Phil, I'll just stay with you until he gets back."

"Bye." He said as he put his phone back into his pocket.

There were a few moments of silence before Peej spoke up.

"Phil you're gonna have to go pick up Dan from the coffee shop. I'll stay here with Chris."

"What why?!" I asked nervously desperate to hopefully change his mind about sending me.

"Because I don't want you ALONE with my boyfriend. Plus aren't you guys friends or something? I bet he'll be glad to see you." Pj said as he started walking away, leaving me.

"Pj I don't even know what he looks like!" I lied shouting at him.

"Chris told me he's wearing some cat ears and some big circle glasses, OH and he's also wearing pastel clothes! Bye Phil, text me when y'all meet!" He started getting too far to hear.

Shit.

I start a fast paced walk in the other direction; back to the coffee shop.

On my way I see a cat, that was a dark grey with white circles located around its eyes. I walk up to the creature and it greets me with a purr and rubs against my legs.

"Who's cat are you?" I ask knowing I'm not going to get a response. I look around its neck and there isn't a tag. The direction it came from was around the house to my right.

I pick up the grey kitty and walk on the stone walkway that leads to the house, then proceed to knock.

"Coming!" I heard a man shout.

A middle aged man opened the door, with a questionable look on his face.

"Hello?" He inquired.

"Is this your cat I found it a few moments ago right here ne-"

"No sorry!" He said shutting the door.

Ugh. I walk down the path away from the house and hold the cat close to me, as I go back on my route to the coffee shop. It felt underweight and I'm pretty sure it was cold and hungry from being outside.

"Guess you're going to stay with me for a little while."

I arrive at Starbucks with the cat still in my arms, getting strange looks, I try to find Dan.
Man he is not going to be happy seeing me. I saw a back of a head with white beaded cat ears   receiving their coffee. With the cat still in my arms, I walk closer. They were wearing a light pink jumper with overall shorts, and light pink converse.

I get to the point where I'm almost right behind them. Switching the cat to my other hand I reach out to tap their shoulder as they turned around and hauled to a stop to stare dead at me.

"Are you Da-"

Right as those words left my mouth, he spilled then dropped his coffee all over me (and the cat) and ran out the door.