Chapter Two

Chapter Two

“-Nightwalker!” The crowd cheered. The man saying my name sounded enthusiastic enough to get the crowd going, but not like Landen. He had the crowd ecstatic, louder than any concert you could ever imagine. It’s amazing that we’ve never been caught. Walking out, I threw my hand up in a fist. They cheered louder. The man in the ring smiled at me, and helped me in.

“Hello, Nightwalker, how are you feeling about this fight night?” He asked,pointing the mic at me.

“I think this will be one of my best fights ever” I said plainly.

“Well, I hope so, because tonight, we’ve brought out our best fighters from around the world, all coming to fight you” I laughed.

“Honestly, have you forgotten who I was? I’m Nightwalker! The best fighter in the world!” The crowd cheered. I glanced over to my left, and in one of the private rooms close to the rings, I could see, if I focused, Casey, Landen, and another familiar face. Jordan.

“Well then, let the best fighter win!” The man said, and patted me on the back.

He started to ramble off the first opponent, while I hopped out of the ring and to the edge to get warmed up. I walked by the private room window, and smiled sadly to my friends. Casey and Jordan looked very scared, but Landen stared at me with a straight face. Odd.

“Alright, let’s bring the fighters back to the ring” I heard the man say. Turning away, I cringe at the horrified looks on my friends faces, and get up in the ring, putting on my game face and in my ready position. I wish they knew how it really was. I never told them my secret because they would’ve told me I was crazy, told me not to go, and, worst of all, told the dean. They would’ve never trusted me. It was easy to hide though, I’m not a small girl, but I’m not at all big either, yet I had defined abs, so I never wore tight shirts. Jordan is also a man of virtue, I mean sure, he’s kissed me before, and sure, he’s touched other places, clothed I might add, but seemed to somehow avoid my stomach. So, no one ever found out. It was nice for them not to know, it took less off of me, but I did want to tell them I knew how to take care of myself, and I could fight.

A loud ‘ding!’ let me know that the round had started. The girl in front of me pounced, landing on top of me, forcing me on my back, trying hard to restrain me. It was a pity that she didn’t realise that pushing me on the ground didn’t do a thing. Easily getting my arms out of her restraint, I landed a nice firm punch right in her nose, knocking her off of me. She stumbled back, wiped sweat off of her face, and charged for me once more. One roundhouse kick later, she was on the ground and I was on top of her, when she tapped out. The man from before came back to the ring, with the mic, and her trainer helped her out of the ring.

“Well, that was a quick fight!” The man said, smiling at me.

“I didn’t even break a sweat!” I said back.

“Ready for the next fight?” The crowd cheered.

“I’m ready” I responded.

The next couple of fights went on like that, overly easy, until the announcer had informed me that that was the last fight, and I had won for the night. Taking my prize money, I walked off of the stage and back to the waiting area where I got my slides and a towel. Putting my stuff in my bag, I layed it down on the floor and walked back out to the stage where the room was empty.

“I’m here!” I yelled, “I fought, and I won. Let my friends go!”

“I can’t do that pretty girl” The man said walking out of the other side wing. “You see, I told you to fight, not who, or where, or even when, just to fight your best.” Confused, I cocked my head as nine other people walked into the room. Casey, Jordan, Landen, and six other people that I could only assume was The Rings’ owner’s minions. Casey and Jordan were tied up, but Landen wasn’t. He remained emotionless and strangely obedient, contrary to his usual full of emotion and defiant self. “Oh, Landen!” The man, to whose name I still didn’t know, said. Landen nodded, stepping forward. “Alexandra, I wish you the best for your next fight!” The man said, then yelled something in some foreign language, before walking off. I turned back to my friends. Casey and Jordan were wide-eyed, looking at me with extreme horror, but Landen’s eyes had gone dark with anger, murderous anger.