Chapter 4

"Alright, What's the problem?" Jordan said while closing the door to the room.

"Can you do some research into something?" I asked slowly.

"Yeaaaaah" he replied, uneasy.

"I need you to research that man. Find out his name, what he does for a living besides owning The Rings, and especially where that island is" I said evilly. I felt like a dark aura was placed over this room. Over the entire hospital. Over the entire city. Entire world! The darkest part placed right over me, my life, my heart, and The Rings.

It's kinda crazy how my safe haven of 6 years has turned into my worst nightmare, only 4 days ago. I don't think I will ever go there again. I don't even want to go back to my little dorm at the school. I have enough money to get my own apartment, enough schooling to get a stable job, and even people to share it with, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that change yet.

Everything now though, even my clothes, shoes, and especially the scars, makes me think of Landen. They say that I need to stop with this self pity thing, but it's not self pity, it's self hatred. I hate myself for what I have done, and now, I'm going to fix it. By going onto the man's island, I could surrender myself to him, or fight. Landon would've wanted me to fight, you know that whole "use your strength and power for good, not evil" thing. He could be so cheesy sometimes.

"Don't cry, babe" Jordan said suddenly. I didn't even realise I was crying, but, sure enough, there were hot tears rolling down my face.

"Sorry," I sniffed, "I'm just thinking about everything. I don't want to mess up."

"You aren't" he said. Always the optimist, I said in my head, smacking an over-exaggerated mental eye-roll with it. I hoped he was right.

"When is Casey coming back? I need her to bring my computer" I said when I finally stopped crying.

"About 11:30. I'll text her for you" he said, turning back to me, he hopped on the bed beside me, though still facing me, with an odd look in his eye.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," his husky voice responded, "Nothing at all" he said before he leaned closer in, causing me to gasp, and him to chuckle. There was this odd pit in the bottom of my stomach, but it wasn't uncomfortable, it was....... Pleasurable?

But then he took my lips in his. They were soft, but rugged, and he must've been an expert kisser. Is that a thing, an expert kisser? It doesn't matter, I can't even think straight anyway. I was drowning in his slow, sweet torture, and my body was reacting however it felt like.

I broke the kiss because I couldn't breathe. One of his hands held both of my small hands over my head, and the other was just at my waist.

"Wow," I said, very innocently, and he grinned.

"I've been wanting to do that since I first met you, and even more since the incident," he admitted, knowing he got my first kiss. I giggled, as he got off my bed to sit back down on the couch.

Even with everything else going on, I don't think I can get his lips off my mind, but I have to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Casey's laugh is too contagious. It's so contagious and fluffy, and never gets old. Not listening to the joke was probably a bad idea. She was laughing so hard I wanted to join in, but didn't know what I was laughing at. Casey got here 15 minutes ago, and it's been nothing but smiles since. I hate that I'm about to ruin it. But I have to.

My laptop on my lap, typing furiously- click, type, click, click, type- everyone knew I meant business. "Alright guys," they got quiet, "I've set up a schedule for our training times, including each of our school schedules, extracurriculars, and other extra time. Jordan, you did get everything set up right?"