Chapter Nineteen: Ashes to A**holes

Seeing as though she wasn't going to sleep anytime soon, Aja waited up for Kyrie. So, she surfed through different networks and various news stations all Aja saw was Cam's face plastered over them. The reports were all the same, Cam's cancer worsened causing him to died while on the way to receive what would have been his final round of chemo.

She watched how the world reacted to Cam's death, many fans held candles in the air and wore his jersey and others from his hometown decorated sidewalk in front of his mother's home. They didn't see him for the disgusting acts he committed nor the inmate locked behind bars.

Cam's mother Jackie cried terribly on camera as his father Cecil spoke on her behalf while their two sons consoled their mother. "Cameron was a great father, husband, and son. He wanted nothing but to bring joy to the people he came in contact with. He lived to help bring the youth brighter days whether it was giving back to the community or showing them love before a game. We all know he wasn't a perfect person and he made a few mistakes here and there but my family and of course, Cameron would want to be remembered by the good things. At this time we just ask that you keep our family in your prayers and thank you for your love and support thus far." Aja turned the television off and tossed her remote to the end of the bed.

She stared at her phone as it vibrated with an incoming call from an unknown number, it had been the third time they'd called tonight. Hitting ignore, she sighed feeling frustrated with it all.

There were no words nor thoughts Aja could think of at the moment. She looked down at the obituary and balled it into her hands. It angered her to the core that yet again Kyrie wasn't being completely honest with her. She pushed the covers off of her lap and got out of bed.

Her curious mind rattled a bit as she headed for Kyrie's office. Aja quietly walked down the hall letting her silk robe fly behind her. She felt her heart beating a mile a minute one she approached the office door. Without any hesitation, she opened the door and closed it behind her.

"Where is a spot he wouldn't expect me to find any information?" Her eyes spotted a box labeled Tax Information on it.

Wasting no time, Aja tore the lid off of the box and searched the file thoroughly. She stopped once landing her eyes on prenup documents date for this year. She read it repeatedly as the alarm beeped. Her eyes became glossy as she placed every back in its rightful place.

As Aja left of out his office and walked back to their bedroom, she wiped her eyes. Kyrie strolled in happily completely unaware of what was about to be said. He placed his bag down and lifted her into his arms.

"Put me down," Aja said plainly.

He did as he was told. "What did I do? Did I squeeze you too hard or something?" She shook her head.

"Then what's wrong, just a few hours ago we were good. What happened?"

"You hid this from me." Aja handed him the balled up the obituary.

He shrugged it off and said. "Look, I just got through the door and you chewing my head off about not telling you about a nigga dying, what were you going to attend the service and speaking with his family and shit?" Kyrie asked looking at out the window from her office where the kids played outside with his mother and Mr. Louis.

"You hiding my mail behind my back isn't okay, Kyrie," Aja said. "I'm not trying to chew your head off, I just would have like to know that he died." He looked at her sideways.

Kyrie understood paying respect to loved ones and close friends, Hell, even the family pet but a straight up rapist. He couldn't and would never support someone of that nature. He even distanced himself away from many of his friends involved in domestic violence history.

"I apologize for hiding your mail, I wasn't trying to be sneaky but I thought I would be easier to forget about him." He scratched the back of his head.

"Things like that don't just vanish like a corny magic trick, Kyrie. I am still mentally scarred from that situation." She moved away from him.

"I understand, which is why I hid it in the first place. I didn't want you drifting back to distant Aja."

"There would be no need to be distant If I had a husband that kept it real with me instead of hiding shit and lying all the time." He chuckled. "What's funny?"

"Would your opinion have changed, If I let you attend his funeral despite everything that fuckboy did to you?" Aja sighed.

"It's what I have to do in order to find closure with this situation...for good." Kyrie smacked his lips.

"Oh, so, seeing him in the hospital and talking to him wasn't enough closure for you, Aja get the fuck." Kyrie wasn't convinced not one bit. "This is what blows me, I go out of my way to protect you by all means and you make it seem like I'm the bad guy for doing my job as your husband." He was irritated with his wife.

"Don't pull that husband card because obviously, you weren't thinking about that when you had a prenup drawn." She spat back. "Uh huh, I know about that bullshit." Aja followed him to the bathroom as he stripped out of his clothes.

"Yes, I've lied about shit to protect your feelings, hid pieces of mail from you so, you could remain whole and not down in the dumps and that prenup was something Greg gave me a couple of months ago. I had every intent on throwing away but I didn't." Kyrie stood in front of Aja hungrily.

He honestly didn't come home to argue nor did he want to shower alone. Stepping closer to Aja, he grabbed her hips pressing his frontal against her warm body.

"Kyrie, I'm still angry with you." She looked up at him. "After we have sex you are sleeping in the guestroom with Zeek." He licked his lips and smirked as her robe hit the floor.

When Aja woke the next morning, she was greeted by several boxes. She wiped her face and glanced at the time. 7:00am. On a Monday morning and the same day, she had to pack for her trip to the UK. It would be the first for a work but no less an experience. She removed the envelope from the top of one of the many gifts and opened it.

Aja,

I apologize for not being man enough to be completely honest with you over the last few months, so, If you going to pay your respects will help you move on from the situation then do that and know that I am in your corner, always and forever.

Love, Ky

P.S How long will I be sleeping in the guestroom, because Zeek kills me with his gas.

Aja laughed as Zeek popped his head up on the foot of the bed.

"That's a good boy, Zeek." She cooed before heading to the bathroom.

Today's Mood:

If you know what this show is you are the real MVP