Chapter Thirty-One: Unexpected Arrival

"GQ magazine, this is Aja Irving speaking," Springing back into work despite being three weeks pregnant was nothing but a blessing from God himself. Aja struggled getting out of the house after having a bad case of nausea. Thankfully, Kyrie took the kids to his mother's before getting a ride with his teammates for an away game in Toronto. He made sure to leave behind her favorite hoodie with a few extra surprises.

 He made sure to leave behind her favorite hoodie with a few extra surprises

"Yes, Mrs. Beckham. Your interview with us is still scheduled for Wednesday at five and I don't think it'll be a problem if your husband dropped by for a few minutes." Aja said scribbling notes down on a sticky note.

Reminder: Convince Odell to work on his legs. LOL

"Thank you so much for confirming, I'll see you then." Ending the call, Aja stood from her desk strutting towards the copy room.

"Interview questions done, blog post almost done, and GQ live with Bailey Beckham." Aja said aloud as a reminder to herself.

She spotted Stanley and his fiancée Cocoa sharing a kiss before her departure from the office. Aja shook her head at how far Stanley's relationship had developed in the last few years. She was genuinely happy to see true love win.

"Man, that woman is just-" Stanley's attempt to form words failed

" A beautiful, blessed, melanin enriched woman who loves her ginger." Aja added.

"Yeah." He said looking out of the window watching her leave. "I love her so much, Aja like words aren't enough to explain my reasons why but I do." Stanley expressed.

"Love is a beautiful thing my friend and if you do it right you'll have babies and long lasting marriage." She beamed thinking about Kyrie and their amazing children.

"Damn, this whole time I've been thinking you were in love with me." The familiar voice made Stanley roll his eyes.

"Well, I have you know Aja D. Irving doesn't have time for clowns James but what do I know, right? Aja, I'll see you in the break room once he sees himself out." Stanley expressed smartly. "Fucking clown." He muttered.