Chapter Thirty-Four: Who's Happy?

It's short but I hope you enjoy.

Thunder roared loudly as Kyrie had gotten to the front the local beach where he'd hoped to find Aja. He grabbed his belongings while searching for the tour guide Farrah. There was not a sign in sight yet Kyrie waited with his bag resting on his back. His phone rang in his pants pocket. Momma.

"Hey, momma." Kyrie searched around his tour guide.

"Son, did you make safely? The kids and I were worried about you." Joanne said.

"Yes ma'am, I just made it to the beach where my tour guide is meeting me in a few." He said walking toward the rack of bikes all chained up.

"Good...I'm not going to keep you long, but I wanted to let you know that Zeek is being cremated tomorrow afternoon. The kids and I are planning a small service for him. Those two haven't been the same without you and Aja being here..." She sniffled. " Just bring Aja back home to us, please."

Before Kyrie could respond to his mother, Joanne ended the call. It was hard for Kyrie to hear his mother express heartbreak over Aja. Their family had gone through too much already in the past this was over the limit. Kyrie sighed putting his phone away as a short kid with bouncy curls approached him.

"You mista Irving, the ball playa?" A little kid asked.

The young curly headed kid looked up at Kyrie waiting for an answer. He watched as Kyrie adjusted his hat then backpack before replying.

"Yeah but you can't tell anybody, okay?" Kyrie said as he looked around at people walking by.

The kid nodded. "My sister was supposed to be ya' tour guide but she's sick so you're stuck with me for three days." The average height preteen said.

Let's pray that it doesn't take that long to find my baby. Kyrie thought to himself.

"Aight that's fine and I hope she feels better. What's your name young man?" Kyrie asked following beside him.

"I will. Just to let you know, people around here call me Moose, but my name is Carter."

"Why Moose?" Kyrie asked making him stop.

"My last name Morris."

"Well, Carter just call me Kyrie." They stopped to shake hands.

"Okay. Did you want to look around for anything in particular right now or would you like me to show you where you're staying?"

"Show me where I'm staying then you can show me around." Carter lead the way with a walking stick in hand.

After a thirty minute walk, Kyrie and Carter arrived to his rental home near the beach. He used the key that Carter has stored in his pocket his sister had provided. The dark clouds still remained above and it wasn't going to stop Kyrie from finding his wife.

"Is it okay if I use your restroom?" Kyrie nodded opening the door for Carter to come in.

"I'm going to put these bags down and charge my phone a little bit before we leave out!" Kyrie shouted out, closing the door behind him.

Kyrie took a moment to find the nearest bedroom to pace his bags but not after locking the front door. Something told him that Aja could be too far, only time would tell.

⬛⬛⬛⬛

James combed the loose strands back from Aja's face as helped her get ready for today's outing. Her nostrils filled with his strong scent causing Aja's stomach to churning. She swallowed the lump in her throat while finally connecting with James' gaze.

Control your urge to vomit, Aja. It's just the smell of his cologne that's bothering you and the baby-just focus on getting the fuck out of here! Aja thought holding her breath.

"We are going to run a few errands before we go to my family's house. Make sure you are ready for a line of questions. My momma and her sister's can be really long winded." James informed showcasing his gold grills.

" James informed showcasing his gold grills

Aja nodded quietly. "You alright?"

Instead of answering she gave a small smile as he placed a pair of glasses on her face. If he touches me ONE more time, I'll have a reason to vomit on his new shoes. Remember you have a plan. She reminded herself.

Honestly, If James wasn't an ultimate creep and delusional, he would be quite the catch. His dark chocolate skin popped in the black shirt he wore. In the sunlight, James was gorgeous but not in comparison of Kyrie. There were levels to the sexiness, LEVELS.

"Baby you look beautiful." James smiled.

EW! Did he just call me, baby?! He really wants to be Kyrie so bad. All those awkward moments we had last night when he called himself trying to climb into bed with me- He thought. Aja shook her head at the thought.

"James, we really should get out of here before it gets too late." Aja moved away from him before he could attempt to touch her, AGAIN.

James licked his lips as Aja moved around him. The view of her legs made his mouth water increasing the unfulfilled desires. His eyes followed each movement she made.

She wants me so bad and I'll give her everything she's asking for once I get the sign. James bit the corner of his lip.

"You're right. You have everything you need?" He scooped up his phone from the bed and walked toward her.

"Yes." Aja answered feeling the cuffs tighten around her wrists.

"Wait down stairs, I need to get my camera. Just get the list from the table and go out front for me." James rushed back to the bedroom.

Act normal, Aja. This is your moment to make a run for it while he's upstairs. She looked back at the staircase then touched the doorknob.

"Okay. I'll do that." As she opened the door as black truck pulled up to the front yard. Aja furrowed her brows as laced sneakers hit the pavement. Crisp white sneakers.

"Oh My-" The words got caught in her throat as she came face to face with danger.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" In an instant, her mouth became dry and her mind went blank.

Today's Mood:

OOOOOH MAN!!!!

OOOOOH MAN!!!!