The Marvalouse Marriage - Part 3

AN: In the wedding scene, the layout will be from the movie and so will most of the plot. The children won't see Justice Strauss before the wedding because they already know she's going to be in the play and it'll take up to much space in the chapter. Sorry Strauss-y!

As this occurred, Allyson was taken to another room and shut in there, all alone. She tried for hours to open the door and escape, but it wasn't possible. In the end, she collapsed in a mess of tears. A few hours later, the paint-faced ladies appeared and they changed her into a wedding gown with flowers in her hair (identical to Violet's outfit.) They did her make up and the young girl frowned at her reflection. Her hair fluttered in soft, platinum waves, adorned with flowers as sweet and delicate as her in a crown. The sleeves were puffs of soft fabric on her shoulders, the bodice pearl white, the material hugging her few womanly curves and hiding her malnutrition body, a few flowers scattered across. A grey strip of ribbon acted like a belt and separator between the top and the skirt, which fell like a waterfall to the floor, stopping just above to show her pretty flats and avoid dirtying on the ground. She also had a long train, that fell behind her. Her make up concealed any evidence of her tears, her lips lined with a faint rose lipstick and her eyes framed by long, dark lashes and sparkling eye shadow. She wanted to hate it, but it was the prettiest she'd looked in years.

"But Violet's the bride." Allyson noted, running her fingers against the soft fabric.

"And you're the understudy." One of the women snarled, grabbing her by the wrist and manhandling her to the edge of the theatre, out of sight, before they both disappeared to get ready themselves. Another henchman guarded her, giving her a stern look that any misbehaving would lead to her death, or at least torture. (The wedding dress is from the Netflix series)

Meanwhile, Klaus was with his elder sister, backstage, practically ripping his hair out in anxiety. Due to lack of infant participation, Count Olaf had changed Klaus's role from a cheering town midget, to a camel who would walk across the stage once. His costume was suffocating and only fuelled his anxiety as he paced, his camel head thumping against his back as he did so.

"Who knows what he's doing to her!" Klaus growled, his pace quickening angrily. "At least we know where Sunny is and that as long as we go along with his plan, she'll be fine. We don't know where Allyson is. She could be hurt, or dead." Klaus stopped in his tracks, suddenly as if processing the idea. "She could be dead..." Klaus whispered, feeling himself go numb. Violet pressed a hand on her brother's shoulder.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." In an attempt to lighten the sombre mood, to forget her imminent and approaching marriage to Count Olaf, she continued, "What happened between you two? I mean, you've been denying your feelings towards her, at least to me, but you're not hiding them anymore." Klaus blushed slightly, hoping his sister would assume it was due to his camel suit. He looked down at her bashfully.

"We almost kissed." Violet's lips parted into an 'o', a small smile finding it's way there, despite herself.

"What do you mean almost?" Klaus clenched his jaw, angrily.

"Count Olaf." He muttered, sitting down. "She was there, and I was going to kiss her." He chuckled humourlessly. "She looked so beautiful." His tone softened as he remembered how she had looked, just as he was about to connect their lips. "Her eyes were shut, and her pale cheeks were flushed this gorgeous shade of pink, and her lips..." Klaus almost groaned as he remembered, his eyes rolled back into his head. "They looked so soft and warm and I was going to kiss them. She wanted me to kiss her." He smiled slightly, turning to look at his sister. "She wanted me to kiss her." He repeated in a whisper, smiling wistfully. They heard footsteps and looked up to see Olaf entering, half dressed (not like naked, but without like coats and wigs and stuff).