Seven.

Coran saw Allura approaching with Keith's arm in her hand, and he understood that their extended search had failed in locating the Blue Paladin. He went down to the air lock and clicked a few controls, the doors sliding open like those of an elevator. As soon as those doors had closed fully, he pressed another series of buttons and the panel separating him from the princess slid out of the way.

Allura was wearing a grim expression. "Keith was being enveloped in a vision... I had to get him out of there before it took total control of his mind," she announced gloomily, her eyes brimming with sadness. "I feel like we failed Lance, Coran..."

"Princess, you did what you had to do," Coran replied, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "In that moment, you needed to help Keith, and you did."

"But what about Lance?" Allura asked helplessly, Keith leaning on her body for support.

"We needed to regroup," Coran answered calmly. "We have a plan now, and once everyone's up and at it again, we'll continue the search once more."

Allura nodded solemnly, guiding Keith to a healing pod to aid his mind. As they were walking, the Red Paladin kept mumbling, "Lance..." under his breath, his mouth twitching into several frowns. Worry and skepticism grew within the princess' mind. If the two claimed to hate each other so much, why was Keith so utterly concerned about him? Why did he keep muttering Lance's name over and over again whilst in such a groggy and lethargic state?

And then, something clicked in her mind. She stopped walking abruptly, Keith stumbling sleepily before she caught his arm. Looking at him inquisitively, she wondered aloud, "Wait a dobosh..." Gears churned behind her eyes like a well-maintained thinking machine. "No, it cannot be..." The look of pure thought changed to one of happiness. "OH! That's adorable!"

With a smile on her face, she continued her way to the healing pods and gently placed Keith in one. He murmured something inaudibly before falling into a deep and peaceful sleep.

At some point in time, Shiro wandered into the medical bay, his arms folded across his chest. His movements were slow and deliberate as he walked to the healing pod containing Keith. He glanced at it with sad eyes before turning and speaking to Allura. "How long does he have to be in there?"

"Around one varga, give or take a few doboshes," Allura assured the Black Paladin.

But Shiro shook his head in regret. "I should've been down there with my team," he told the Altean princess, the shame in his voice palpable.

"Shiro, you're still recovering from your battle with Zarkon, since you refused treatment via healing pod. You accepted the fact that it would take more time along with the fact that you would be restricted from being out on the field. You agreed to all of this," Allura reminded him with firm eyes.

"Yes, yes, I remember," Shiro sighed. "But if I knew this would happen, I would've hopped in that stupid pod in a heartbeat." He paused, looking at the placid form of Keith, his chest rising and falling at a moderate pace, as if he were dreaming. "I just feel like if I was out there today, I could've helped. Maybe we could've found Lance."

"Shiro, you're just one person," Allura told him. "You shouldn't force that kind of guilt on yourself."

"Maybe..." he trailed off. "Do we actually know how Lance disappeared, though?" he asked instead of shaming himself and his actions.

"Pidge and Hunk took his helmet up with them to inspect. If there's a problem with anything, they'll find it, and then we'll know," she informed him. She folded her hands in front of her, her expression one of expectance.