Fourteen.

"So, Keith..." Allura tried to strike up a measly conversation to pass the time.

"Yeah?" he asked in response, his voice impassive.

Allura blinked, not thinking her actions through. "Um... I just wanted to, well..." she trailed off, her voice fading.

Keith's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Allura, are you feeling okay?"

"Of course," she answered without missing a beat. "Why do you ask?"

"I dunno," he answered, shrugging his shoulders. "You just seem a bit... off."

The Altean princess swallowed. "Well, there is something I've been meaning to ask you, or rather... tell you."

Keith sighed. "It's not like we're pressed for time," he laughed bitterly. "Try me."

Allura took a deep breath. "When you insisted on finding Lance down on Grumga, you became immersed in a vision," she told him slowly.

"Yeah, I know that much," Keith answered, perplexed.

"It was of Lance," she continued, her eyes waiting to gauge his reaction.

Keith bit his lip. "I still don't see where you're going with all of this," he said.

Allura sighed and went on. "You told the Lance in your vision, 'I was so worried. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't okay.' And when I was loading you into a healing pod in the infirmary, you kept mumbling his name over and over again." The princess figured she was entering unchartered territory and should turn back while she still had the opportunity to, but she forged ahead. "Forgive me if ever I am intruding, but you seem to be the most concerned about him."

"What?" Keith scoffed, his cheeks flaring. "Hunk is; he's Lance's best friend."

"Then try denying this," Allura commanded, her tone not one to be taken lightly. Keith nodded in compliance and prepared himself for her statement. "You are hopelessly in love with Lance."

Keith's eyes widened in horror. "What the quiznak, Allura!" Keith shouted, his heart climbing into his throat. He felt his cheeks grow extremely warm. "Where'd you even get such a messed up idea?"

Allura pursed her lips. "It was an educated hypothesis," she replied, narrowing her eyes. "You never denied it."

Keith turned away from her. "I don't have to listen to this," he said in exasperation, running a hand through his mullet.

"Why not?" she pressed. "It is like you said -- we aren't pressed for time."

"If you were listening, Princess," he said caustically, his shoulders slumping as he forced his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "I said that sarcastically."

"However you said it," Allura continued, not willing to take any of Keith's denial, "it is the truth. Right now, until Pidge's light cannon is functional, we have time to spare for this conversation."

"Doesn't mean I have to take this," Keith retorted, quickening his pace down the sterile castle hallway towards the hangars.

"Keith," Allura tried to get his attention, jogging up beside him. He walked faster, his strides long and purposeful. "Keith," she tried again, her tone more assertive and forceful. When he paid her no regard, she yelled, "KEITH!"

"What?" Keith growled, turning to face her. His eyes were dark and brooding, locked within themselves and unable to see the light.

"Why are you folding unto yourself?" she asked in desperation, yearning to learn the reason behind his actions. "Why are you locking your emotions away?"