Chapter Five

One week later

Jazzy: Hey, is Keith coming with you night?

Evelyn: No, he's out town, business

Jazzy: oh

OMG WE SHOULD HAVE A SLEEPOVER!!!!!

Evelyn: Really Jazzy? We're in our twenties XD

Jazzy: That doesn't mean shit!

Evelyn: Okay, let's have a sleepover :)

I put my phone away laughing to myself. I hear a buzz coming from my pocket.

Keith: Babe, I'm going home in a couple of hours, I need you to be home

Evelyn: I'm busy...

Keith: Doing what?!

Evelyn: I'm hanging out with Jazzy

Keith: Are you serious?! I'm the one who's been there for you all these years! If you're not here tonight, then I'm not going to be here when you get home!

No! I need Keith. I sigh and start to text Jazzy.

Evelyn: Hey, I'm sorry, but I can't hangout after the after party :(

Jazzy: Awww okay

Evelyn: I'm sorry...

Jazzy: No worries :) See you tonight!

Only if she knew.

Evelyn: Hey, I'm sorry, but I can't go to the after party tonight :(

It takes him a while to respond.

Lin: Oh okay, did something come up last minute?

Evelyn: Kinda

Lin: okay, see you at the performance :)

They all hate me, I just know.

At the performance

"You nervous?" Lin asks nervously.

"Yes!" I chuckle.

"Don't be, you're great," he smiles.

"Same goes to you." We see Leslie go bye with a camera still not in costume.

"Leslie!" Lin calls after him as he runs out my dressing room. Oh god, what if Keith's right? What if I'm not good enough for broadway. Why would he lie to me? Why-

"Evelyn?" I hear Anthony's voice call out to me.

"Yes?" I turn around to see a fully costumed Anthony.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for last week, I shouldn't have tried to push you into say anything you didn't wanted to," he explains.

"It's okay," I say quietly.

"Is Keith here?"

"No he's out of town."

"Oh." Then he hugs me.

"Seriously though, if he's doing anything you don't like and you're too scared to leave, please, tell time," he whispers in my ear. I inhale his scent, but it quickly goes to the back of my mind.

"I will," I reply. We break out of our embrace and he leaves my dressing room.

"See you at the after party," he smiles. Oh god, they're all going to hate me. Lin's the only who knows.

"Five minutes till showtime," the intercon tells us. I sigh deeply and leave to see Jazzy.

"Knock knock," I pretend to knock on Jazzy's dressing room.

"Come in Evelyn," she chuckles.

"Hey, you ready to stab me in the back and have an affair with my husband but first be my sister in front of a crowd?"

"Totally!"

"Shows about to start," Leslie voice rings throughout all the dressing rooms.

We both leave her dressing room and take our places on stage. The music starts for Alexander Hamilton.

"How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?" Leslie sings as Aaron Burr.

"The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father, got a lot farther by working a lot harder, by being a lot smarter, by being a self-starter, by fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter," Anthony sings as John Laurens.

"And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted, away across the waves, he struggled and kept his guard up, inside, he was longing for something to be a part of, the brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter," Daveed sings as Thomas Jefferson.

"Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned, our man saw his future drip, dripping down the drain, put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain, and he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain," Oak sings as James Madison.

"Well, the word got around, they said, "This kid is insane, man." Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland. "Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and The world's gonna know your name. What's your name, man?" Leslie asks.

"Alexander Hamilton," Lin sings as Alexander Hamilton. "My name is Alexander Hamilton. And there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait! Just you, wait!"

"When he was ten his father split, full of it, debt-ridden, two years later, see Alex and his mother bed-ridden, half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick," I sing as Eliza. "And Alex got better, but his mother went quick," everyone joins me in whispering.

"The ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him," Leslie sings. "Another immigrant comin' up from the bottom. His enemies destroyed his rep, America forgot him."

"We fought with him," Oak and Daveed say in unison.

"Me? I died for him," Anthony shouts to the crowd.

"Me? I trusted him," Chris says.

"Me? I loved him," Jazzy, Pippa, and I sing in melody.

"And me? I'm the damn fool that shot him!" Leslie cries out.

"There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!" everyone sings.

"What's your name, man?" Leslie asks.

"Alexander Hamilton!" we all sing unison. 

A/N Sorry for such a boring chapter AND such a long time to update :( I'm going to write for this story this weekend but I'm going to write one more before tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend! :)