Chapter Seven

"Thank you, again, for this," I tell Anthony.

"He shouldn't make you this scared," he tells me. I look down in shame. "But it's not your fault, none of it is," he gives me a half smile. I open his car door and step outside. Oh god, I'm going to die. I open the front door to see Keith sitting on the couch with at least a dozen beer bottles on the coffee table.

"So she finally decides to show up?" he turns his head towards me while drinking beer. He throws one of his empty beer bottles at me.

"We're moving," he tells me.
"Where?" I ask.

"I don't know, somewhere far, I don't like the people you hang out with."

"I'm leaving," I tell him.

"What?" he stands up. "Repeat that bitch!"
"I-I'm leaving," I stutter with tears in my eyes. He chuckles to himself. I feel his fist come into contact with my stomach and I fall to the floor. He begins to kick me. "S-s-stop! P-please!" I sob.

"Hey! Stop!" I hear Anthony's voice. I see Anthony run up to Keith and punch him in the face. "Hurry, go get your stuff," he tells me. I ignore all pain and run upstairs to gather my things as quickly as I could. I finish within minutes and go downstairs to see Keith and Anthony fighting each other. "Anthony, come on, let's go," I tell him.

"Oh, so now you're with him? What the fuck Evelyn. I gave you everything!" he shouts at me. Anthony leads me out and I'm stopped with Keith grabbing my forearm tightly. I turn to have his fist collide with my face. I fall backwards into Anthony's arms. I feel myself being picked up and my vision become blurry.

"Hey, hey Evelyn, come on, stay with me!" I hear Anthony's voice before everything goes black.