Chapter 1: Mornin' love

Early morning light crept in through my blinds, letting me know it was the start of another day. Being the only girl in the glade had its ups and downs but this... this was an up. Getting my own room, allowing me to do anything I wanted, without people bothering me. It was great. I still had to do my part though. Stretching, I got out of bed and put my boots on, ready for another day.

I walked out of the homestead and made my way to Frypan. I was buzzing with excitement as today was the day a new greenie came up. It was the same every month. And every month I hoped it was another girl but it never was. I mean, I had hoped that for the past three years now. I had even written it on the list of supplies for the creators. Don't get me wrong I was great friends with all the boys here but a little female company would be nice.
"Hey (y/n)," Frypan laughed, beginning to serve up breakfast.
I smiled, "Hey Fry. You know where Newt is?" He grinned and pointed at one of the far tables, handing me my tray. I grinned back and made my way to his table.

"Hey Newtie," I sat down, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. He smirked and turned his head towards me.
"Mornin' love," his accent sending a pleasant chill down my spine. We were still staring at eachother, slowly but surely getting lost in his deep brown eyes. I felt warmth rush to my cheeks as his lips touched yours. Warmth now spread throughout my whole body and I never wanted it to go away.
"Ah hemmm. Get a roooom," someone laughed. I knew who it was immediately.
"Shut it you shank," I laughed, punching Minho lightly in the shoulder, "You're just jealous." I smirked as Minho rolled his eyes. We fake glared at eachother for a second but then burst out laughing. Minho was my best friend and felt almost like a brother. I looked around the table and was happy to see that everyone else had joined in with the fun. I felt Newt snake his arm around my waist, making me let out a relaxing sigh. For being trapped in the middle of a giant maze, life wasnt so bad, I thought as I started up a conversation with Ben, Gally and Jeff about the new greenie.

After breakfast I set to work in the gardens with Newt. I loved the gardens. I felt free and alive. I loved how everything smelt and how you could get dirt on your hands and not have to worry about it. A memory formed of me planting some seeds in a garden but I could never place where I was or who was with me. I frowned, wishing I could remember something, anything.
"You ok love?" Newt left his bucket of weeds and crawled over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I felt so safe in his arms, as if nothing bad could ever get to me ever again. I sighed and nuzzled into his chest as he rested his chin on the top of my head. I closed my eyes, wishing I could stay this way forever. Finally I answered him, "Yeah, im fine, just thinking." He hugged me tighter, making me grin.
"I love you Newt," I whispered as I looked up at him, "I love you so much." I saw tears at the corners of his eyes but he kept them back.
"I love you too," he whispered back, the biggest smile emerging on his face, "And I'm so happy that I have you." I grinned and quickly kissed him on his lips but moved my head back before he could kiss me again. He gave me a questioning look.
"Ah ah. We have work to do, dont want to be getting too distracted now, do we?" I winked at him. He chuckled lightly and whispered dangerously in my ear, "You are such a tease." I smirked and pushed him to the ground so that I was on top of him.
"I know I am," I whispered before sitting back up. I looked over and saw Zart smiling at you. He gave me a wink and a thumbs up, getting a giggle out of me. All of a sudden, the siren sounded. The siren that told everyone that the box was arriving. I glanced at Newt, before playfully grinning.
"Race ya," I said before bolting off towards the box, Newt close behind me. As I neared the box I slowed down, excitement fizzing inside me body. The moment I had been waiting for. A new greenie.