Chapter 2

"No, there is no way." "Oh come on Raven, I promise I won't get the same one again." The brunette had been shaking her head in disagreement since they had been driving till now as she turned the car off outside the video store, "No." It was her first and final answer, Clarke huffed defeated folding her arms over her chest "You get the snacks and I choose the movies that doesn't involve The Notebook." Raven told her undoing her seatbelt opening the car door "Fine." Clarke rolled her eyes at her friend finally giving in undoing her seatbelt and getting out, "Five minutes." "Ten." Clarke challenged holding up her hands looking back at her friend with a smile on her face as they divided and concurred.

Entering the grocery store Clarke grabbed a basket off the top of the pile and pulled the shopping list that was given to her out of her pocket "Guys." She mumbled to herself as she read over the list. Dip, chips, Ice Cream, Strawberries, Cherries, Chocolate, Soda, Party Pies and Sausage Rolls. Clarke frowned, the fruit on the list was her idea, the rest was all Raven and the others. Looking back up she scanned over the large fruit and vegetable section spotting the clear containers of Strawberries and Cherries over in the open refrigerated area, next Chocolate. Clarke ticked off the items on the list as she put them in the basket, finally last Chips. Clarke walked past all the rows of food reading the billboards trying to find packets of chips. Bingo. She stopped in her tracks, he was there with his leather jacket on and clutching his motorbike helmet. He was looking at the chips rather intently, she watched from afar as he picked up a packet examined it before putting it back, he didn't look like a killer like Raven said she heard people calling him. Speaking of killing someone, Clarke knew Raven would murder her if she went back with Dip but no Chips and her ten minutes were almost up, she knew Raven would be back at the car waiting for her. Her phone pinged signalling a message, she knew it was Raven so she ignored it, looking back up towards the Chips her eyes set on brown ones, he heard her phone, Clarke noticed him look her over blankly before looking back at the shelf, she hadn't even realised her feet moving until they had stopped beside him. Then there was silence not that there was anything vocal before.

"Hi." It was the first two words of communication between the two since they have been standing there. "Hi." Clarke replied turning her head slightly to observe the boy before turning her attention back to what was on the shelf, her eyes became distracted once again as she watched from the corner of her eye the boy reach for what he wanted off the shelf and place it in his basket he held on the other side of him "Bye." The sound of his voice dragged her eyes away from snooping inside his basket and back up to his face, was that a smile? She wasn't sure, it looked like a twitch of the corner of his lips but she couldn't tell for sure, he had turned and walked away as if he knew he wasn't going to get a goodbye from the blonde.

"You don't understand, I need everything that's in the basket, is there a chance I can take home what I have now and come back tomorrow and pay the rest that I owe?" There he was again, but this time his posture told a different story than what it did back in row seven, he looked agitated, "I'm sorry sir, but I can't let you do that, you'll have to take what you know you can pay for and leave the rest till you can come back and pay for it." It was then when Clarke placed her own basket up on the counter he turned and realized she was standing waiting behind him, Clarke watched his attention flick from her back to the cashier as he bit his lip and sighed rubbing his hands over his face through his hair and down the back of his head. "How much extra does he have to pay?" Clarke stepped forward closer to the boy letting her presence known to the cashier, "Five dollars." Her eyes flicked to the boy and watched as he vigorously shook his head denying what she was thinking, without a second thought she pulled her wallet out of her bag and handed the cashier the owing money. Looking back at the dark haired boy he didn't say anything he just starred at her as the cashier placed the now paid for items in a bag and slid it across the counter to him. Clarke softly smiled as he picked up his bags; he nodded in appreciation before heading towards the exit. "That was very nice of you, he's lucky to have a friend like you." The cashier smiled at Clarke scanning her items, "I don't actually know him, we go to the same school but we're not friends, I don't even know his name." The cashier raised his eyebrows at Clarke in surprise but didn't say anything. "That will be, twenty three ninety nine." She smiles handing over her money "Thank you." She gathered her bags lifting them off the counter and walked out the store. Raven pushed off the hood of her car and with wide eyes helped Clarke with the bags, "Did you see who walked out before you did?" Clarke shook her head; she knew exactly who Raven was on about "No, was it a celebrity, was it Ryan Gosling?" They piled everything into the back seat before returning to the passenger and drivers seats "It was the guy from school, dark curly hair and leather jacket." Clarke shook her head "No, didn't see him." Shrugging her shoulders acting totally oblivious.