Chapter 4 Part 2

Somewhere I once read 'It's not a filler chapter if you have something to add to your story' as much as I'd like to call this a "Filler chapter" Its not, a new character enters the story so i'd call that progress. There for this is not a filler chapter. So what i'm trying to do is pass on what I read and anyone who thinks what they are writing is a "filler chapter" go and reread what you've just written and ask yourself, "Is what i'm writing really a filler chapter?" Because there is a good chance its not. Just because its short doesn't always mean its a filler chapter. Anyways thanks for reading, here's my next chapter. Enjoy :-D

It was still to early in the morning for the other students to be arriving yet, the halls were almost empty only seeing the odd student here and there entering the library cramming for the test they'd be sitting today because they forgot to study the night before. Raven and I enter our art class and I instantly feel at home just like I do every other time I enter, "Hey Clarke, hey Raven." We're not alone, there are always my fellow art students that are either here when I arrive or enter soon after me. "Hey Harper." Raven and I greet with a smile; Harper sometimes sits with Raven, Finn, Monty, Jasper and I at lunch, that's if she's not eating in here while working on something that's either made of metal or wood, but today she sits on a stool with a large canvas propped up in front of her and a paintbrush in hand. Raven makes her way over to talk to her while I fill up a cup with water, grab the paintbrushes and paint colors I'll need and collect my canvas from m against the far wall where I left it yesterday to dry before propping it up in front of myself on its easel beside Harper. "What did I miss?" I ask splotching out my colors on a piece of slate our art teacher had brought in for us , she said it was good for mixing colors on and she was right "Raven was wondering what I was doing with a paintbrush in my hand instead of a welder." It was a good question; she never touched the paint, I glance over at her canvas then over at Raven who sits on the other side of Harper "Now you're wondering too." I hear her chuckle in the middle of Raven and I exchanging confused looks "I thought I'd try something new." Our eyes look to her again then at her painting "Harper i'm not looking at you because you're painting, well I am sort of, but i'm looking at you confused you're actually really good." "Are you feeling ok? You're not coming down with something are you?" Raven asks Harper raising her hand to feel her forehead, "No." Harper slaps her hand away. I can't help but laugh "Are you sure?" I jump in joining the little innocent teasing game Raven is playing with our friend, I put on my best worried expression, frowning my eyebrows I raise my own hands up to touch Harper's face "It's a thing you know." I speak secretly winking at Raven who grins at me "What is?" Harper asks turning her head to look at me "Its actually quite serious; I heard a previous student who went here to Arkadia high came down with the same thing you're showing symptoms of." "Symptoms? I don't feel sick." Raven and I have this in the bag; I look over at Raven "Remember the guy I tld yo bout last week Raven?" I watch the brunette have a mute giggle fest as I have Harper's attention but is quick to pull a straight face when Harper turns to look at her, her eyes look to Harper pursing her lips together slowly nodding giving confirmation "His name was Cody." Raven tells her "Its called Geniusperfectateverythingism." I place a hand on the fellow blondes shoulder as Raven and i burst out laughing unable to hold it in anymore "You guys!" She slaps both of us playfully realizing the joke, Raven and I high five, "You're so gullible." Raven teases clutching her stomach earning herself a punch to the arm "Am not. You two have been hanging around Jasper and Monty to much." Harper defends picking up her paintbrush "Yes you are." I smile continuing with my painting.