"W-what?" I pushed my chair back and contemplated running from the room. 

"Let me see your arm," She inquired. I snatched my arm back. Even though this was one of my favorite teachers, I was beginning to think she's mad. But she was still my teacher. Shakily, I held out my arm. I noticed the blotchiness just got worst, and it was beginning to spread up my forearm. 

"Well, that settles that," Ms. Clyde sighed.

"Settles what!" I shouted. I stood up and the chair hit the wall. I was seriously contemplating running for it now.

"Shh, just sit down and stop overacting to everything I say. Have a jellybean."

"No! This on my arm is a contact rash, not some magical sign!" I was seriously getting frustrated. Ms. Clyde was once one of my favorite teachers. Well, there went that.

"I'm trying to tell you that it's your sign. Every Elemental has one, but none of them are the sam-"

"You're talking like this is some fantasy story. We are on Earth, not in some fairy tal-"

"Can you not interrupt me? Thank you," My teacher huffed. I closed my mouth, still confused and annoyed by the constant circle of her fantasies.

"That there is the beginning of your sign. It marks you as one of our kind, Elementals. In about two months, your mark will appear there. Every year it spreads as you gain knowledge of your power," she explained. I nodded sarcastically. 

"Great, you should write a book about your fantasy world. I'll be going now."

I reached for the door handle.

"No wait! I can show you!" She sounded desperate. 

That made me stop short. 

I turned around to her.

"Show me? Well then... prove me wrong," I stated. My face was emotionless, but I suddenly felt super curious. 

My teacher looked me dead in the eyes, then on her finger, something sparked. My eyes shot down to her hands, which had sparks dancing across them. Golden yellow and dancing across her fingers. 

"Y-you w-what! No... not okay," I stammered. I sank back down into the chair as she flicked her right wrist. The sparks disappeared. For the first time since she used her... power (ha ha ha no I'm internally screaming), Ms. Clyde spoke.

"Now can you listen to me? There's a lot you need to know."

-

Time flies when you're talking about another dimension.

 From what I was told, there exists another dimension (my brain is sludge) where people have developed powers. Supposedly there are normal humans that live in that dimension as well. They make up the common class of people in that dimension, which, by the way, is called Eeril. The top class are Elementals, and the bottom class are Hollows (I'm going crazy aren't I). According to Ms. Clyde, who insisted I use her first name, Tristen, Hollows are people who's parents are Elementals, but they themselves were born without powers (I'm dreaming right?).

Help.

"And our current government is a council, with representatives for each element, two people representing the humans, and one representing Hollows. They advise whoever the ruling leader is."

I nodded my head. My eyes probably looked glazed over as I shoved another handful of jellybeans into my mouth.

"So, how did I get here? I mean, on Earth," I asked through a mouthful of jellybeans.

"Well, Hollows and humans come and go from Eeril. Humans can never spawn an Elemental, but Hollows can. Hollows still carry the Elemental gene, but it is a recessive trait. It is more likely to be an Elemental if your parents are one, since then you have a higher chance of inheriting that gene," Tristen explained. 

Putting two and two together, I came to a rather obvious realization. 

"One of my parent is an Elemental or a Hollow then."

"A Hollow? Yes. An Elemental? I doubt it. Elementals are usually forbidden to leave Eeril in most cases. They don't want us as a 'magical' species to be discovered."

"But you're here and you're and Elemental. Why?"

"Well, people like you are born in this world from Hollows and rouge Elementals, and someone needs to find you guys," Tristen said with a grin. I gaped at my teacher/undercover Elemental. "I'm not the only one who is sent to find you guys either."

We sat in silence for a bit, then Tristen suddenly glanced at the clock.

"Oh gods it's been an hour! Go, and if anyone asks here-," She scribbled a note down for me. "Give them this. Sorry!" She she exclaimed. 

"Trust me, it's fine. This was way more interesting than Social Studies could ever be, trust me," I assured her while laughing. I walked out of the door, my head filled with a million questions.