Meeting Killian~Part 1

"Mamma?"

"Yes Laural, sweets?"

" Are you okay?"

"Of course sweets." At least that's what she said to me. Was it the truth? No.

I was six when my mom died of leukemia. That day I cried myself to sleep. I continued to cry for a week straight. That was the last time would cry for a very long time.

↫♠↬

"First day of Junior year Cricket! You excited?" My dad asked as he cooked some bacon for his best friend and coworker, Marc.

"I don't know Pops," I replied sitting on the kitchen counter watching him.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows in concern, a look I was all too familiar with.

"I just don't look forward to school anymore I guess." I replied staring at the wall opposite the counter I was sitting on. The beige paint was starting to chip, showing off the red crimson color that was painted over after my mom died.

"Crick?" My dad said again with that look of concern on his face once again.

"Yeah Pops?" I said coming back reality.

"You should probably get going or you'll be late to school."

"Ok see you later Pops. Don't forget to turn off the stove top when you're done cooking that delicious bacon!" I said as I ran out the door to my rusty burnt orange Ford F150, "And don't forget to save some for me!" I shouted quickly before I jumped in the driver's seat and start my soon to be boring drive to school.

↫♠↬

As I pulled into the driveway of school and turned the ignition off, I spotted my best Leeland running toward me so fast you would think he was running for his life from a pack of zombies wanting to eat his brains. "Are you okay?" I asked when he finally reached my truck.

"I have colossal news!" He said panting between each word. I gave him minute to catch his breath before I slowly started walking toward the front door of the school.

"What's up?" I finally asked before making sure there weren't any more crazy student drivers coming around the street corner to enter the parking lot that all the students parked in across the street from school.

"I heard there was this new kid coming to school from this kid last week."

"Okay and that matters to me why?" I asked interrupting him mid sentence.

"That would matter to you because this new kid is none other then the only kid to get kicked out of Newburgh Academy!"

"Wait," I replied completely astonished, "are you saying this kid found a way to get into the most elite school in the district and then got himself kicked out of it?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying" he said as he opened the main school entrance door and we made our way up the stairs to our lockers.

After I had collected my things I walked to my first our history class and sat next to Leeland asking "So, do you know anything about this new kid?"

"Nope." he responded simply and turned his attention toward the board at the front of the room and as the tardy bell rang.