introduction

-

"Meredith, please, don't leave me again. I love you!"
My heart breaks a little more. I want to just run into his arms, kiss him, and tell him I love him and will never leave him. But, I can't, and I won't.
"Goodbye, Derek."

-

This happened a year ago. Since then, I've moved back to Boston, got a new job, and started dating a man named Nathan. And, for once, I'm happy. Or, at least, I think I am.

"Dr. Grey? May I speak with you for a moment?" I walk into the chief's office, closing the door behind me. The chief hands me a chart.
"Cole Addams, 10, was diagnosed with non-resectable, metastatic gastric cancer. He has been going through chemo and radiation treatment since December 2016." I zone out for a moment, allowing myself to read the boys chart.
"The boy is currently located at Seattle Grace. They want you to do the surgery to resect the tumor."
I quickly look up at the tall, dark haired woman.
"Ma'am, with all due respect, I-"
"I know about your past, but, honestly, I don't care. This is such a great opportunity. Take it. You leave Saturday morning. It should take you maybe a week, at the least. You'll be fine. Now, get the hell out of my office, Grey."
I quickly get up from the chair I was occupying and leave the room with the boys chart. I guess I'm going to Seattle.

-

Thanks for reading! I don't really know medical terms and all that shii so if I get some of these terribly, terribly wrong blame the internet ok thx. 💙

(Also this is in present time ok now I'm done)