Prologue: a fugitive

Loki stared at the cask with determination... he had a hunch, and he was going to test it.
As soon as he grasped it, like he expected, the frost started turning his skin a dull blue.
He gasped quietly.
It couldn't be...
"STOP!!!" Roared his father. He didn't turn to face him.
"Am I cursed...?" He said, his voice shaking.
"No..."
He set the cask down
"Then what am I?"
"You're my son."
Loki fought the urge to roll his eyes as he turned to his so called father, his skin now completely slate blue and his eyes red like blood
"What more than that...?" he growled.
Odin flinched slightly as he took in his younger son's newly discovered form, Loki stomped towards him angrily.
"The cask wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day was it...?" Loki said, daring him to lie.
Odin hesitated, then said quietly,
"No... in the aftermath of the battle I went into the temple and I found a baby... small for a giant's offspring... abandoned, suffering, left there to die...
Laufey's son."
"Laufeyson...???" Loki whispered in horror. His whole life was a lie.
Odin nodded,
"Yes."
"Why...?" Loki said, his voice breaking in his rising panic, "you were knee deep in jotun blood why would you take me???"
"You were an innocent child..." Odin started, but Loki shook his head, he knew better.
"No. You took me for a purpose, what was it...?"
Odin stood there, contemplating what to say next,
"TELL ME!!!!!" Loki roared,
"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance, bring about a permanent peace through you..."
Loki couldn't believe his ears.
"W-what...???"
"But those plans no longer matter now." Odin said, turning away,
"So I'm no more than another stolen relic locked up here until you might have use of me!!!" Loki hissed.
"Why do you twist my words?!?" Odin said, irritated.
"You could have told me what I was from the beginning why didn't you?!?"
"You're my son... I wanted only to protect you from the truth..."
hot angry tears of hatred welled up in Loki's eyes
"What?!? Because I-I-I-I'm the monster parents tell their children about at night?!!!?
You know it all makes sense now!!! Why you favored Thor ALL THESE YEARS!!!!! BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CLAIM TO LOVE ME YOU COULD NEVER HAVE A FROST GIANT SITTING ON THE THRONE OF ASGARD!!!!"
And he stopped, Odin was laying on the steps, unconscious.
"No..." Loki whispered.
What had he done?
Loki looked around.
"GUARDS!!!! GUARDS PLEASE HELP!!!!!" He cried, but then he shook his head, he needed to get out of there- they would surely blame him, and they had every right to: he was a fugitive.
And that was how he ended up in a small kingdom in Norway, where two princesses lived.