Chapter 1

Ok. Lets just say this. I hate school. It's the worst thing that was ever invented. Here I am, in school. Talk about irony.

I'm Shirley. I call myself an average 7th grader. I have the most normal

life ever. I have a mom, a dad, and a sister. Her name is Becky and she is the most annoying 8 year old I've ever met. I have a best friend named Cara. She is the best person in the world.

I have chestnut brown hair and dark blue eyes. That is so normal for people in my school. Cara is way different. She's gorgeous. She has blonde hair with natural curls on the end and blue eyes. I have a nickname for her. It's typical teenage girl.

Back to what's happening now. Mr. Phillips, my history teacher, is talking about how Christopher Columbus blah blah blah. The truth is, I don't really care. My mom always tells me that if I don't do well this term, she's gonna send me to one of those extra curricular classes.

BRING BRING BRING!

There's the bell for lunch. Mr. Phillips is still blabbing away.

" Your homework is to find out more about Christopher Columbus. I want a full essay on him. It's going to be due on Wednesday because you don't have history tomorrow. Have a good day." he says.

Have a good day? What on earth is wrong with him? Have a good day on a school day? He must be sick.

I grab my stuff and walk out of the classroom and to the cafeteria. There are 16 tables in the cafeteria. On the first day of school, you have to choose wisely. For example, table 1 is where all the nerds sit and table seven is where the popular girls sit. They don't even care about eating. All they do is sit there and figure out new hairstyles and put on lip gloss.

I sit at table nine. It's where Cara, Christie, my friend, Ivy, my other friend, and I sit along with three of these guys who hardly talk. Otherwise, my table is alright.

"So what did you have last period?" asked Christie.

"Gym." Cara said.

"Creative writing." Ivy said.

"History." I said.

The three of them looked at me.

"Haha, you have history in the morning." sneered Ivy.

"Oh shut up. I'll have gym after lunch period." I retort.

"Yeah, and then you'll barf out your whole lunch." says Christie.

Oh my goodness do I have the worst timetable. The three of them started giggling like crazy maniacs.

"Seriously, what's so funny?" I ask.

"Look at Mrs. Penny." replied Ivy, "She has wet toilet paper stuck on the bottom of her shoe."

"Should I tell her?" asked Cara, who was liked by all teachers and was a good student, "If I don't, then soon practically the whole school will see the toilet paper."

"Yeah go tell her and be the student of the year," I said sarcastically.

To my surprise, she did go and tell Mrs. Penny. Here's a little background. Mrs. Penny is my home room teacher and also my Math teacher which sucks because you don't want your home room teacher to hate you because you don't answer questions. Cara is also in my class meanwhile Ivy and Christie are in Mrs. Claudio's class, who is my Social Studies teacher.

"Mrs. Penny, you have some toilet paper stuck on your shoe," I heard.

"Oh my goodness thank you Cara, for letting me know."

Ivy, Christie, and I snickered.

"Teacher's pet," muttered Christie.

"Don't be so harsh on Cara," I protest, "Her mom's on the school council." Which was true. Mrs. Bower, Cara's mom is very strict and super serious with school for Cara.

"Hey guys," Ivy said, "Look over there."

"Woah. She's so goth." Christie murmured.

I turned to see what they were talking about. There I saw was the most slimmest girl I've ever seen. She wasn't smiling or anything, and like Christie said, she was goth. She was wearing black tights, and a dark sweater. Her hair was pitch black and her eyes were piercing. Did she just move a step closer? Yes she did.

"Look, she's coming our direction," whispered Christie.

"You don't say," Ivy muttered back.

The girl walked closer and closer to us and.....

"Hi. My name is Hannah and I'm new to this school. Can I sit here?"

Hey guys! Did you like this chapter? If you did, be sure to vote! If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment! Next chapter will come soon!