Chapter 3-Settled

Jack looked at a digital clock that was on the floor of the room with the dead bodies, 11:58, almost noon

Jack looked at a digital clock that was on the floor of the room with the dead bodies, 11:58, almost noon. Just two more minutes.

Jack felt scared, tired, and confused. He wanted Mark to just come back... Why did he need to leave? He guessed he could ask at 12:00. It was 11:59. Time was going slow...

Jack could only look at the red-haired man that looked similar to Mark, actually who looked a lot like Mark. He was horrifying, he wore an agitated face after the argument that occurred. Jack huddled as close to the cold wall as he could, then closer. He didn't want to be seen. He didn't want to, he assumed, become a demon. He didn't want to die.

12:00, finally.

Jack gasped as he saw the scary man fall to his knees, skin turning a normal Asian-looking color, eyes turning from black with odd red pupils to normal brown eyes, and his hair fading completely black.

That explained why Mark had to leave.

"M-M-Mark?" He saw Mark jump and turn in his direction. "Jack!" He saw Mark's face light up from the pained expression he wore just a few seconds ago, "You survived!"

Jack nodded and hesitantly moved closer to Mark and laid in his arms, he was so cold and tired, and Mark's body heat felt so good, but the bruises and scars on Mark, probably from the machine, kept him awake, he didn't say anything about them, which he probably would have if he noticed them the day before, but he hated that Mark's body was apparently being shared with a demon that got punched every night, hard. He hated the idea that Mark's body was beaten down when it wasn't even him being hit. He needed answers anyway.

Before he could ask anything, Mark started, "There's a lot to explain. Where should I start?" "Firs', 'xplain t'e texts ple'se."

"Okay, well, the reason at night I asked you to come over, I'm sure you could have figured it out if you weren't so tired." Jack could almost hear the smile, and he felt his hair being ruffled, "Jus' go on, I'm too tired to t'ink 'bout 'nyt'ing..." "Well, I'm sure you just saw, every night I become a demon, or rather am possessed by one... But anyway, uh, every night he texted you, trying to bait you to coming over." Jack mentally facepalmed, how did he not make the connection? "And uh, the time was the same between time zones because one of them has a strange power, did you see the pink one?" "Yeaaa..." "He, uh, has strange powers, all I can say. Of course, I took it back every day to keep you, uh, safe."

"Anyway, these are of course dark versions of me. The blue one, the machine, Googleplier, started it all. I don't know how, but he was a virus, and became powerful enough to take the form of a human. He has the power of anything that is on Google, if it's there, he can manipulate it into the real world, with enough work. Being made of code, he is pretty good at using codes."

"He somehow coded me, causing Darkiplier to take me over every night, sure you've probably heard of him, considering we both did YouTube." "Mm.. Hmm." He felt Mark's chest vibrate as he chuckled, "I don't know what Dark wants, because I can't witness him, all I know is he probably killed... I'm sure you saw." Jack tiredly nodded, remembering what he saw in the room just behind him. "Then, uh, Googleplier created a real Warfstache, y'know, the pink dude, you've probably seen before today, because uh, my videos, uh, anyways... Warfstache is manipulative, snappy, and paranoid. He manipulated the time to make Dark able to text from here's 12:00 to your 12:00, which is pointless in my opinion, unless he wanted to set off some suspicion, to get you here. It worked, if that's what he was after..." Mark's voice trailed off, Jack knew he was a little upset that Jack had come. "Anyway, they want you. That's why you need to avoid them. By the way... You'll never be able to leave..."

That scared Jack some...

Jack trembled, "Tha'ks." He felt Mark lift him up, but didn't object, he was too tired. "Now, let's get you a bed. If you sleep until after 12:00, I'll probably be gone by the time you wake, you know why." Jack forced an grunt, the only response he could muster.

He soon felt his body fall onto something soft, a bed, and saw Mark covering him up, because he was too tired to do it himself. " Good, well, day." Mark said, kissing his forehead and chuckling. "M'rk" "Uhh, what?" Jack could tell he startled Mark, and smiled, "Why d' y'u keep kissin' me?" He saw Mark's cheeks turn red, "Uhh, you're... The only person I have seen in a while, and uhh, this my sound weird, but you are precious, and don't deserve what happened... And I miss kissing anyone."

Jack thought Mark's stuttering was cute, despite the situation. He closed his eyes, feeling Mark wrap an arm around him. He didn't try to stop him.

Instead Jack smiled and let his mind drift to rest, finally.