10 ~ newcomer

He was following her.

Anna had completely ignored the announcement that there was a new student in her chemistry class, especially when she looked to the door to see that he looked like the typical joker. He wore a casual smirk on his face as he ran a hand through his hair messily when the teacher announced his name – which was Trent Davidson – and Anna decided she immediately didn't like him. He had too much confidence for a newcomer.

Her dislike towards him had grown when he ended up having to sit by her and would do nothing but pester her with flirtatious jokes.

She didn't have time for jokes and so she continually told him to shut up whilst she tried to listen to Mr Timble discuss how to calculate moles.

As soon as the bell rang, signalling that it was lunchtime, Anna had bolted out of the classroom, relieved to be free from the pounding headache that Trent had given her. Her books were crushed against her chest as she jogged towards her locker, which was right by the cafeteria.

Unluckily for her, Trent was right behind her and seemed determined to annoy her.

"Woah there, Belle, you might want to slow down," he called from behind Anna as he jogged towards her.

Annabelle threw her books viciously into her locker before slamming the door shut as she turned to face him. "Don't call me 'Belle'," she hissed, glaring at him.

"Why not?" Trent asked, shoving his hands in his pockets as he leaned against her closed locker door.

Anna felt a waft of his aftershave blow over her and she took a step back to put some distance between them.

He took a step forward.

"I'm not a stupid Disney princess or whatever," she snapped, placing her hands on her hips, ignoring his close proximity.

"Really?" he asked, smirking as he leaned his face dangerously close towards hers. "I wouldn't have thought so after seeing your beautiful face."

Anna said nothing, her cheeks reddening as she scowled up at him. Anna was tall for her seventeen years, yet Trent seemed to loom over her. He must have been at least two or three inches taller than Anna.

"Beautiful Belle," he murmured, his minty breath washing over her face.

Annabelle was flustered, never having experienced this sort of close attention from someone before. She barely knew him!

"Troublesome Trent," she growled back.

He simply blinked at her.

"Shut up," she muttered. "It was the best I had, okay?"

He burst into laughter, before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and hugging her.

"See you soon, Annabelle," he whispered in her ear, before winking as he released her and strolled into the cafeteria.

Anna cringed, uncomfortable with the groveling.

"I-what?"

She could barely think, let alone speak. All she knew was that she needed to avoid him.

Trent Davidson was an enigma.