Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

"May... Up. Now. School. Today." Dad said. My eyes shot open. I shoved Dad out the door and began to get dressed. I threw my shirt and pants on the floor and put my school uniform on. I pulled my socks on, quickly put my hair up, and threw my school shoes on. I ran downstairs to get my bag. Mom handed me my bag and a piece of toast. "Thanks, Ma!" I ran out the door and closed it. I walked near Gackt's house. I stopped by the door. "Good morning, Mr. Camui..." I called. No answer. Rude. I walked past his house and to school. Kimi was walking along the street in her school uniform. "Kimi!" "May! Hi! Hi!" Kimi jumped up and down.

"How's it goin', Kimi?" "Great! You? Have a good night last night?" I nodded. I threw the toast Mom gave me at a bird flying by. "Why did you throw that bread at the birdie?" "I don't like it." "Guess what? Kimi's getting better in English!" Kimi said, jumping up and down. "Ok, Kimi, calm down. Please." I said. Kimi began to skip. Kimi also began to hum.

Le timeskip...,

I walked down the street, humming to myself. I stopped at Gackt's door. "Mr. Camui... I'm home..." No answer. Wow. Real nice. Just lovely. I went to the door of the house. I opened the door. Dad was sitting in the kitchen, drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. "Hey, May! How was school?" "Eh." "Eh?" "My teacher kinda hates me." "What'd you do?" "I don't know much Japanese. That's the thing." "Did she give you the papers in English?" "Nope." "Typical." We both said in unison. I sighed. "But, my social studies teacher gave me the papers in English." "That's good. Do you have the papers from your other classes?" "Yeah. Why?" "I was gonna say ask your mother, but she's had a little bit of an... incident with the neighbors." "Oh boy, which one?" "Guess." "Mr. Camui?" "Nope. The Yamadas. Still settling it." "So, who do I ask?" "Go next door and see if Mr. Camui will help you." "Ok. Back outside I go." I turned and walked to the door.

I opened the door to get another blast of warm air. "Well, into the cold, cruel, outside world I go." Dad giggled. "Just go, May." He said. "I'm going." I retorted. I walked to Mr. Camui's house. I stopped at the door. I knocked on it. "Mr. Camui... I need your help with something..." Nothing. "Oh, come on! Every time I come to see you, you're never home! I see the light on! I know you're there! Mr. Camui, please, come out..." I dropped to my knees. I felt a raindrop. It began to rain. "Oh, come on!" I yelled. I stood up and stomped home. I walked into the house and slammed the door. "May! What's wrong?" "He's never home!" I yelled. "Everyday I go to go say good morning or tell him I'm home, but NOOOO, he's NEVER HOME!" I slammed my fist against the wall. "May, you need to calm dow-" "Don't tell me to CALM DOWN!" Dad got a little spooked. I furiously untied my hair and threw my shoes off. I stomped upstairs. I opened the door. I made a small scream then walked in and slammed the door.

I heard Mom walk in. "What's up with May?" She asked. "Well, she went next door to go ask Mr. Camui for help, but he didn't answer the door. Again." "Maybe I can try calling him. He gave me his number." I took out my journal, opened it to yesterday's entry. I wrote, 'Mr. Camui didn't answer the door again. Why does he have to act like this?' I threw my journal down. I felt like tears were trying to force their way out of my tear ducts, like rocks on a waterfall. "May..." Dad knocked on my door. "What?" I replied, with tears in my eyes. "I-I'm sorry..." "It's not your fault." "I know. Wanna talk?" "No." "W-Why not?" "Reasons, Dad! Reasons! There's reasons I don't wanna talk about it!"   

"Want Mom to call Mr. Camui and tell him about this? You can't leave this anger bottled up, May. It's not healthy for you. Please. Just talk to the man. He's really sweet, May, once you get to know him. I don't see why you think of him as rude." "He never answers the door, Dad!" "I know. May, he only gets two to three hours of sleep a day, you need to understand that. Gackt has a lot to do every day. Being a celebrity and all." I could Gackt and mom talking downstairs. Eavesdropping. "May, please understand that he has a lot to do each day and that he's not rude. He's about as sweet as Hiromi's mochi! Sweeter, even!" "Dad, stop comparing Gackt with Hiromi's mochi." I giggled. "May, come on out and talk. Please?" "Fine. But if Mr. Camui's down there, I'm gonna give him 'The Look'." "Oh no you're not!" Dad chuckled. "Oh, yes I am!" I opened the door. "Ready to face the wrath of the twenty headed hydra, otherwise known as your mother?" "Yup." 

{Chapter 3 will be published as soon as I write it! I'm getting around to it!!}